ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP! CHILD OF EXTENDED EU FAMILY MEMBER

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ambri
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Extended EU Family member’s child

Post by Ambri » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi,

I am new here, I have a question to ask could you please guide me.

I arrived in the UK in March 2018 as an extended EU family member of an EU citizen (Brother), soon after I met my husband and we got married and now we are blessed with baby boy.

My husband has no status and waiting for his decision from home office and I still live with my EU sponsor (brother) and he support me and my child.

I’ve got my pre settled status approved through EU settlement scheme. I want to get my child visa sorted I need to know under what category I should apply for my son same as under extended family member of an EU citizen? Because my brother (EU national) support me and my child financially and we live with him same address.

One of my friend told me to apply through EU settlement scheme but for this you need be an eu national or has BRP card and my son has non of them.

Could you please advice me which route I should take your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extended EU Family member’s child

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:09 pm

How did you get married? Through the registry office with home office approval or an islamic marriage?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ambri
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ambri » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:15 pm

Hi,

We got married through Home office (registry office)
Thanks

Ambri
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ambri » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:09 pm
How did you get married? Through the registry office with home office approval or an islamic marriage?
We got married through home office and registry

Ambri
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

URGENT HELP! CHILD OF EXTENDED EU FAMILY MEMBER

Post by Ambri » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:12 pm

Hi,

I am new here, I have a question to ask could you please guide me.

I arrived in the UK in March 2018 as an extended EU family member of an EU citizen (Brother), soon after I met my husband and we got married and now we are blessed with baby boy.

My husband has no status and waiting for his decision from home office and I still live with my EU sponsor (brother) and he support me and my child.

I’ve got my pre settled status approved through EU settlement scheme. I want to get my child visa sorted I need to know under what category I should apply for my son same as under extended family member of an EU citizen? Because my brother (EU national) support me and my child financially and we live with him same address.

One of my friend told me to apply through EU settlement scheme but for this you need be an eu national or has BRP card and my son has non of them.

Could you please advice me which route I should take your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: URGENT HELP! CHILD OF EXTENDED EU FAMILY MEMBER

Post by Richard W » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Ambri wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:12 pm
I can't think of any good route.

As your son was born in the UK, he will not need leave to enter or remain so long as he remains in the UK. Once you have acquired settled status, you can then apply for your son to be registered as British.

You could apply for EU settled status for your son as an extended family member of your sponsor, and hope that he is granted pre-settled status outside the rules. However, I recommend that you check that there will be no disadvantages to being granted pre-settled status.