ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 applying for Settlement Scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cpdb
Newly Registered
Brazil

Tier 2 applying for Settlement Scheme

Post by cpdb » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working at the UK under a Tier 2 - General visa (with a BRP valid until 2022). My wife is EU and we applied together for the settlement scheme in January 30th. She already got her pre-settled status. My current timeline is the following:

Applied Online (using Tier-2 BRP as ID document): 30th January 2020
Mailed BRP: 31th January 2020
Received Biometrics Enrollment Letter: 11 February 2020 (letter issued 6th February)

So, my next step would be to do the Biometrics at Post Office and then wait for the decision. I have a few questions that I hope someone could give some help:

a) If status is granted, am I going to get a new biometric residence permit or card (BRP or BRC) or will my previous Tier 2 BRP have all the information? I searched in the forum, but I have found conflicting info about this.

b) A short-notice professional trip opportunity (10th of March) just came up, which will be in a different country. I'm afraid that if I provide my biometrics right now, this could coincide with HO granting me the pre-settled status and sending me a new BRP/BRC while I'm away (I'll be away for a week). If this happens, will my old Tier 2 BRP allow me back into the UK, so I can collect the new card?
Since I have 30 days to provide my biometrics, can I postpone it as far as possible (6th of March) and then travel in and out with my current Tier 2 BRP while things are still being processed?

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance.

lisa1933
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 applying for Settlement Scheme

Post by lisa1933 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:19 am

cpdb wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:15 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working at the UK under a Tier 2 - General visa (with a BRP valid until 2022). My wife is EU and we applied together for the settlement scheme in January 30th. She already got her pre-settled status. My current timeline is the following:

Applied Online (using Tier-2 BRP as ID document): 30th January 2020
Mailed BRP: 31th January 2020
Received Biometrics Enrollment Letter: 11 February 2020 (letter issued 6th February)

So, my next step would be to do the Biometrics at Post Office and then wait for the decision. I have a few questions that I hope someone could give some help:

a) If status is granted, am I going to get a new biometric residence permit or card (BRP or BRC) or will my previous Tier 2 BRP have all the information? I searched in the forum, but I have found conflicting info about this.

b) A short-notice professional trip opportunity (10th of March) just came up, which will be in a different country. I'm afraid that if I provide my biometrics right now, this could coincide with HO granting me the pre-settled status and sending me a new BRP/BRC while I'm away (I'll be away for a week). If this happens, will my old Tier 2 BRP allow me back into the UK, so I can collect the new card?
Since I have 30 days to provide my biometrics, can I postpone it as far as possible (6th of March) and then travel in and out with my current Tier 2 BRP while things are still being processed?

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance.
I can’t answer all of your questions but might be able to help here and there.

You will get a BRC that replaces your BRP, of course. The only case you don’t get a new card is if you already had one as a family member of an EU citizen.

Then, regarding your second question.. it seems that applications like yours (and mine as it is very similar) are taking a couple of months right now. So probably you won’t be issued a BRC before 6th of March (unless you’re the luckiest one of all of us). To find out whether you could travel on your BRP if your BRC is on its way - just call the EU settlement scheme helpline/ resolution centre. They’ve proven to be quite helpful with giving general info.

Hope this helps.