ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Birtish Nationility

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Applying for Birtish Nationility

Post by alpharomeo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:20 pm

Hello Guru's and fellows,

I am applying for British citizenship after 10 years + 1 year ILR. I have got couple of questions below;

1. Referees, is it important to give one professional and one social reference? Or ca we use both professional or both social contacts?

2. Secondly when getting documents check list one of the required document mentioned as "proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions" Does it mean ILR BRP or something else?

Thank you and kindest regards in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for Birtish Nationility

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:58 am

1. As stated almost daily, it is a mandatory requirement to have one referee who is a professional in the ho list and can be any nationality. The other referee just be British and over 25. Note that it is the referees profession that is required, not someone who you only deal with in a professional capacity.

2. Yes, ilr brp.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:59 am

Dear CR001

Many thanks as always the answers, have one more question please;

HO is asking about 10 years employment history, i dont have all 10 years records. I have first 2 yeras and then one year i didnt work for 18 months and then i have rest of the records. Will it make any difference to the application;

and lastly when i looked online at HMRC website i have 10 years of NI contribution available but some years are not fully contributed, will it make any difference to application?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:35 am

1. Simply list your employment. A gap is not an issue.

2. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Simplebuthonest
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Simplebuthonest » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:40 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:35 am

2. No.
Do we have to list all of the employment history or going back 4-5 years is fine?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:47 am

Simplebuthonest wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:40 am
CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:35 am

2. No.
Do we have to list all of the employment history or going back 4-5 years is fine?
1. Please ask your questions in your own topic you already have instead of tagging onto another users thread!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)