ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application EEA2, need passport from HO - impossible?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gugulak
Newly Registered

application EEA2, need passport from HO - impossible?

Post by gugulak » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:49 am

Hi there

we have already over one year the application EEA2 at HO wiht no answers. We need to get my partners passport back. It has been already for two weeks when we try to get it. Every single person who pick up the phone says something different and they do not want to give it back.

What shall we do?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: application EEA2, need passport from HO - impossible?

Post by Plum70 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:30 am

gugulak wrote:Hi there
we have already over one year the application EEA2 at HO wiht no answers. We need to get my partners passport back. It has been already for two weeks when we try to get it. Every single person who pick up the phone says something different and they do not want to give it back.
What shall we do?
1 year and no response? Has the HO contacted you at all within this period (requesting further supporting documentation...)? Do you have any idea as to why it may be taking this long?
When I requested my passport back in June it took more than one phone call and nine working days to get to me. Try this HO number - 0207 035 4848 (option 1, then 4 and 1)

I must add that I have started an online petition (to European Parliament) highlighting such issues of non-compliance to the EU Directive (Article 10) wrt the issuance of Certificate of Applications and Residence Cards. You are welcome and encouraged to sign it. Please follow this link http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/UKRe ... EEAfamilym

Cheers

gugulak
Newly Registered

respons to junior member

Post by gugulak » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:43 am

The reason for not answering is that my parner did not have valid visa while applying for EEA2. We got to knnow this only due to contacting of our MP. Otherwise HO does not communicate to us.

Unfortunately the number you gave me is the number which we are trying to call and everyone says different things.

We are just scared they do not want to give him the passport , because they want to deport him.

and now we dont know how to get that passport asap in order to go back home and get married there and apply again.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: respons to junior member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:16 pm

The reason for not answering is that my parner did not have valid visa while applying for EEA2. We got to knnow this only due to contacting of our MP. Otherwise HO does not communicate to us.
That most definitely is contributing to the delay
We are just scared they do not want to give him the passport , because they want to deport him. and now we dont know how to get that passport asap in order to go back home and get married there and apply again.
Did you apply as unmarried partners? If so, then you should know that even 'straightforward' RC applications for extended family members (unmarried partners) are known to take a while (6 months+). More so with your partner's immigration status at present. I suggest that you keep pressing to have your spouse's passport returned as a matter of urgency.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:00 pm

Applying as an unmarried parther are subject to interpretation and delays moreso if your parther's immigration status was undetermined at the point of application. It does not suprise me that the HO are sitting on your case. Have you considered applying for a Certificate of Approval to be married in the UK?

You are right in stating that the PR is straightforward as the spouse of an EEA National. Does your partner need a visa to enter the UK? As returning to be married and then applying for the EEA Family Permit as entry clearance, take along sufficient proof of the history of your relationship akin to marriage.