ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Appl Awaiting further consideration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sillym
Newly Registered

EEA2 Appl Awaiting further consideration

Post by sillym » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi, I have applied for EEA2 on 27/02/2008. On July 21st I called the home office and was told that my application is awaiting further consideration which means that the caseworker has looked at it and out it away and it needs to be considered further. I told the customer service person that it is me (non-EU) who is now working and my husband (EU) is staying at home with our son while he is looking for a job in the area. I asked the customer service whether I need to send documents for this new situation and she advised that I better wait till they request more documents from me. Now it is already August 11th, and I keep calling them every week to check fi there has been any progress, but still the same answer: awaitng further consideration. I know that according to European Law they can take up to 6 months which for mewill be on AUgust 27th. Should I have my husband contact SOLVE IT now or need to wait till it is exactly 6 months?Should I cpmplain to the home office or just wait or should I just send additional documents before they ask for it hoping that it will speed things up. What is frustrating is that a caseworker has looked at our application, but if it was not enough for them to make their decision, why did not they get in touch with me so that I could send them more docs to get it over with?
Your replies are appreciated!
P.S. Has anyone else applied for EEA2 in February 2008 and what is your current application status?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 Appl Awaiting further consideration

Post by Plum70 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:08 pm

sillym wrote:Hi, I have applied for EEA2 on 27/02/2008. On July 21st I called the home office and was told that my application is awaiting further consideration which means that the caseworker has looked at it and out it away and it needs to be considered further. I told the customer service person that it is me (non-EU) who is now working and my husband (EU) is staying at home with our son while he is looking for a job in the area. I asked the customer service whether I need to send documents for this new situation and she advised that I better wait till they request more documents from me. Now it is already August 11th, and I keep calling them every week to check fi there has been any progress, but still the same answer: awaitng further consideration. I know that according to European Law they can take up to 6 months which for mewill be on AUgust 27th. Should I have my husband contact SOLVE IT now or need to wait till it is exactly 6 months?Should I cpmplain to the home office or just wait or should I just send additional documents before they ask for it hoping that it will speed things up. What is frustrating is that a caseworker has looked at our application, but if it was not enough for them to make their decision, why did not they get in touch with me so that I could send them more docs to get it over with?
Your replies are appreciated!
P.S. Has anyone else applied for EEA2 in February 2008 and what is your current application status?
I applied at the end of January, my application is well over 6 months and I am yet to receive my RC. The difference though is that I did send the HO a complaint letter at the 6-month mark and 3 days after I received a letter from the caseworker requesting that I return my passport (which I had previously requested back) and recent employment evidence for my spouse. Now all I can do is sit back and wait some more.
I suggest you send them a complaint letter. You may also wish to explain that as you are now the sponsor you are prepared to send documentation to support this upon receipt of a written request from the HO.

You may also wish to sign a petition that I have published targeted at such non compliant practices of the HO wrt to the issuance of UK Residence Cards to non-EEA Family members. Please follow this link: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/UKRe ... EEAfamilym

Cheers