ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea residence card for parents on visitor visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Duddo1234
United Kingdom

Parents on visitor visa can apply residence card

Post by Duddo1234 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:06 pm

I am non eea married to eea national. I still have to get my residence card as i have visitor visa. My parents also have visitor visa. Can they also get residence card ?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Parents on visitor visa can apply residence card

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:27 pm

I think you are messing around with the Home Office and I can just advise you to be careful.

If you and your parents are trying to switch from visitor visas, it means some material facts have been either hidden or misrepresented. That can backfire at one point.

No, it's not possible to switch to anything from a visitor visa. However, by marrying an EEA national, you acquire a new status. It's not a switch really. I am here talking about a civil marriage, not ourfi, religious or similar.

For your parents, it's not possible. Since 2017, for EEA purposes, only the extended family of the EEA national are eligible to the EEA EFM route not the family of his non-EEA partner.

Duddo1234
United Kingdom

Eea residence card for parents on visitor visa

Post by Duddo1234 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:06 pm

As parents are direct family members, i would like to ask that my parents on visitor visa will be allowed to change to residence card as they are direct family members ? To be husband is norwegian in scotland .

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Eea residence card for parents on visitor visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:18 pm

The EEA EFM works even if the person is illegally in the UK. So it will work if they come on a visitor visa.

Still, I believe you are doing wrong that can badly backfire.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:20 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:18 pm
The EEA EFM works even if the person is illegally in the UK. So it will work if they come on a visitor visa.

Op asking numerous scenarios for a range of family members of EU/British citizens across different sub forums. Seems a clear abuse of the EEA/EU route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:20 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:18 pm

Op asking numerous scenarios for a range of family members of EU/British citizens across different sub forums. Seems a clear abuse of the EEA/EU route.
Thank you @CR001 I see a clear pattern of abuse here.

For the OP, for the sake of your parents, don't mess with the Home Office. They have enough power to engage with you a lengthy and expensive battle until you are broke. Follow the rules. It's easier, faster and cheaper.

Duddo1234
United Kingdom

Post by Duddo1234 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:16 pm

i will do on visit visa my parents will apply eea fp. is that fine ?

Duddo1234
United Kingdom

Post by Duddo1234 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:48 am

For residence card of my self does my sponsor needs to be a qualified person if less than three months in uk

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:18 am

I just see a disaster waiting to happen :(

Duddo1234
United Kingdom

Post by Duddo1234 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:28 am

what am i missing ? why saying like that ?

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:15 pm

It seems like OP is trying to bring all her family, friends, uncles, aunties, cousins to the UK using the rights of EEA person. Does not seem right thing to do.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:44 pm

Reading the guidance, any EEA national can bring to the UK automatically all close family:

- Spouse
- Children
- All his children
- All his grand children if any
- All grand children of his spouse if any
- His parents
- The parents of his spouse

Then:

- Any other family member, even if the 5th cousin removed, as long as that family member is dependent and doesn't work either by choice or necessity.

The spirit of the of the Directive was laudable. It meant to avoid restricting freedom of movement of EEA nationals by not restricting the freedom of movements of their non-EEA relatives that are dependent and/or part of their household. That's to say, if you are an EEA national, an EEA country cannot tell you : "you are welcome to come here but not your non-EEA wife or non-EEA children". That would've been effectively a limitation of the freedom of movement of the EEA national as it's not expected that someone relocates and leaves his household behind.

I am originally a non-EEA national. When I left my country, I left my parents, siblings, cousins... behind. In all honesty. as I am an EEA national now, I can't claim that if they are not brought over it's a limitation of my freedom of movement. If it wasn't when I left them, why suddenly is it now?

These EEA routes became open to all sort of abuse and this is why they are getting more and more difficult and will be eventually closed.

To return to the OP, as EEA routes are still active, there is nothing preventing you from filling as many EEA applications as you need for all your relatives. They are not expensive. The Home Office would probably push back some and approve some.

Duddo1234
United Kingdom

Post by Duddo1234 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:58 pm

do the spouse parents need to be dependent on eu or non eu spouse ?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:52 pm

Under the EU Settlement Scheme, their dependency is assumed:

eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-sc ... 83013.html

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:36 pm

@Zerubbabel

That's helpful really!!!

One question please advise according to this list:

Spouse
- Children
- All his children
- All his grand children if any
- All grand children of his spouse if any
- His parents
- The parents of his spouse

If he is allowed to bring all his children and his grand children then how about the mother (daughter in law) of grand children? Can he bring her to UK as well?

In my case my wife came to UK in 2014 on EFM and she got Settled Status too.

Please advise any guideline or reference.

Many thanks.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }