ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of number of days out of UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Garth1989

Proof of number of days out of UK

Post by Garth1989 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:22 am

Good day,

I will be applying for citizenship in a few months. I see that we have to prove that we have not been out of the UK for 450 days in the last 5 years and no more than 180 days in the last 12 months. Is there anyway of proving this by requesting info from UK border force or another authority?.

I travel frequently and don't get stamped when I enter the UK so it would be hard to work out the days based on passport stamps etc? What proof have previous applicants used, Excel spreadsheets with travel dates, pics of passport pages etc?

madalina91
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: Proof of number of days out of UK

Post by madalina91 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:42 am

From my experience doing my own application and reading a lot of the posts here, it doesn't seem like you need actual proof, but rather just list all your trips in the last 5 years in that part of the application.

I am an EU citizen and my passport doesn't get stamped either, so I went through all my flight/ train tickets in my email and listed every single trip outside of the UK. I tend to travel a lot on short city breaks so I had quite a lot to list. But I did not actually provide any proof as it is not something that the HO seems to require from having read the documentation.

Maybe someone more experienced/ a moderator might be able to advise better.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:14 pm

@madalina91 is quite correct - you don't need to submit proof of absences. Remember to exclude travel days out/in to the UK.
One thing to watch though is that you were not absent from the UK on the day five years back from your application date. That is a mandatory requirement.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:31 pm

Thank you both for the reply.

Wow, I am definitely going to have a lot of entries on that section of the form. I better start compiling the info so its easier to fill in.

The they just ask for destination and dates?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:19 pm

you will need to scan all the pages of your passport with stamps and entry clearance/visa
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:24 am

Garth1989 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:22 am
Good day,

I will be applying for citizenship in a few months. I see that we have to prove that we have not been out of the UK for 450 days in the last 5 years and no more than 180 days in the last 12 months. Is there anyway of proving this by requesting info from UK border force or another authority?.

I travel frequently and don't get stamped when I enter the UK so it would be hard to work out the days based on passport stamps etc? What proof have previous applicants used, Excel spreadsheets with travel dates, pics of passport pages etc?
Not also it is no more than 90 days in the last 12 months and not 180 days!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.