ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics card, missing middle name?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hola_
Spain

Biometrics card, missing middle name?

Post by Hola_ » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:28 pm

Hi guys,

I am just wondering if it is normal to not see my middle name in my BRC, basically, the format in my card is like this : Surname First Name . I just recently received it so I can still report if my middle name should be included.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Biometrics card, missing middle name?

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:05 am

Maybe you have too long name and due to space constraints on BRC card they didn't print it. However, if previously it was printed on BRP/BRC then you can point out this error to them.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:13 am

This is my first BRC so I am not sure if middle names are included here in UK. I tried to report it, I am just worried because in my NINO confirmation letter, they included my middle name. Also in my family permit, they included my middle name after my given name.....

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:22 am

Personally I wouldn't be too worried - here in the UK the approach to names varies quite a bit, mainly due to system constraints of course. My own name, as it is stated in my passports, is used in many different variations, both by public authorities and by businesses. Even when applying for naturalisation some of the submitted documents had different ways of displaying my name and it wasn't an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:52 pm

Usually the most important feature is title, name initials & surname because most databases now only need these three accurately. Apart of personal names the pattern of recording postal address also differs from one authority to another, for example at some places they only care about your door number & postcode only.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.