ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re-application of EEA2-transferring visa to a passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eylemy
Newly Registered

re-application of EEA2-transferring visa to a passport

Post by eylemy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi ,
I have been married since 27 January 2007 and made my application just after this date.After 5 months, i wrote a letter to request my passport for urgent travel reasons. First I was sent my passsport without any visa, then few days later I was sent a paper with my residence card stamped on it.I was not told to return my passport for transferring to my passport after i returned from my trip. We were not aware that residence card stamped on another document was not acceptable for schengen visa application, in this way i could not visit my husband's family in Spain.
For this reason I called HO for transferring my Residence Card to my passport and I was told to re-apply as if i was applying for EEA-2 for the first time.
1-The problem is that it has been almost 5 months since we applied and at least they should have sent my husband's passport and we do not know how long it will take.
2-When we re-applied my Husband who is EU citizen had just left the job but we show the bank details and I am working in a big company as an accounts assistant.
I do not understand why it is taking so long to stamp a paper to a passport and they do not realize how they ruin people's lives.I am scared to call them again and ask anything as they may resend my passport.
I would like to have my husband's passport back but still not sure if it would affect the process.
Many thanks.
Thanks for your help.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:50 pm

I would not worry about being scared to call. There seems to be a huge delaye in processing EEA applications, I suspect, because of the change of addresses to which applications should be sent to and the way in which they are processed as a result of this.

I am in the same situation, my residence card as issued as an 'Immigration status document' because we recalled our passports and they were sent back days before we were issued the residence cards. So rather than they requesting them back, they issed my RP on a separte sheet of paper. I was told I would have to re-apply to have it transferred into my passport. It is very annoying especially because if the Schengen Visa issue you mentioned.

When it comes to dealing with your application, the HO will either request updated information to show that your EEA spouse is exercising a treaty right and updated bank statement.. or not because the request is simply to transfer an already-issued RP. However, if they do request it..is your husband seeking work or in another job and will be able to proove that he is exercising a treaty right?

Also, requesting your husbands passport back will not affect your application. Infact if he needs it urgently, it can be collected personally on the day.

eylemy
Newly Registered

Post by eylemy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:32 pm

Many thanks for your advices.

eylemy
Newly Registered

Post by eylemy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:42 pm

Another Question!!! I know that you need to make an appointment to request partner's passport, but what concerns me that The HO has moved to Liverpool and we live in London.Do you need to go to Liverpool to get it or do they keep the passports in Croydon?
I will not call until the 6 months term over, as you never know what they would do.
What a great treat we get!!!Isnt it nice when you work and pay all your taxes as a decent "citizen" and be treated 2 class....Sorry for being rude, but it is all my feelings!!!I am sure some people are in worse situation.

Many thanks again for your advices.