ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Changed College name for Tier -1(general) App.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LondonGuy

Query on Changed College name for Tier -1(general) App.

Post by LondonGuy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi Friends

I did my Bachelor of Engineering from a REC, which was affiliated to the state University. I got the degree certificate from the University which mentions the REC name on the certificate.

Now REC name is changed and it has become a deemed university.

My question is that in Assessment tool

1) Should I select the new REC name or old University name (Both are there in the tool)

2) In the form where I need to enter the Institution name what should I enter?

It would be great if someone can help me on this.

Thanks

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:21 pm

1. I would prefer to select what is there on your degree because degree will be used for evaluation.

2. I remember, you only need to mention Univ name, no need of Inst name. Forms are aligned to Point Based Calculator (PBS), just fill this online calculator and import most of the information of resulted PDF file on to your form.

LondonGuy

Post by LondonGuy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Thanks Rajesh

My degree says...... This Guy passed his BE from <College name>......

University name is there in the top of degree certificate with stamp.

That's why I am confused. what should I choose College name or University name as both are there in the tool?

Also as college name is changed so do I need to provide any clarifcation on that.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:00 pm

Since the degree is awarded by the University, I believe you should not worry because of the new status of your college (now a deemed university, as you say). College is where you studied for your qualification but it is the University that *awarded* you that qualification.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:20 pm

That's why I am confused. what should I choose College name or University name as both are there in the tool?
If both of them are in BIA tool, what is the need to worry?

Technically, I think you should enter the name of awarding body(your university), and not the college where you studied. (This should be the names at the time when you graduated)

If that name has changed now, just explain the facts in covering letter (by giving some additional and old web page news links obtained through google search about the name change)

LondonGuy

Post by LondonGuy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Thanks for resolving my query.

Satnov
Newly Registered

Post by Satnov » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:05 am

LondonGuy wrote:Thanks for resolving my query.
Hey London Guy

What is the option you are planning to choose for your Bachelor degree in the points based calculator. Bachelor (Honours), Bachelor (MIn 4 year programme) or Bachelor (Ordinary/Pass).

FYI - I also studied in an REC and I am choosing the University though the REC name has now changed.

Thanks