ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(M) application queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

theunforgiven
Newly Registered

Set(M) application queries

Post by theunforgiven » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:36 pm

Hi all,

Can I just clear something queries out please.

I am a British Citizen and my wife entered UK on 7th April 2015. Her visa was isssued 31st Jan 2015. Am I right to assume that we cannot apply till 10th March 2020 for her ILR?

Also since the application is online, are the dates easily available? I am just going through the process of completing the form online but I noticed that they don't let you select the dates until the whole application is completed and paid for.

Also, my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our first child 1st week of March. Since I am a British Citizen already and if my wife gives birth before/after the child is born, would that affect our application? We were hoping to go through the savings route. Can I just confirm what's the minimum amount of savings we need to have if completing the form with child or without child.

Thanks all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set(M) application queries

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:45 am

I am a British Citizen and my wife entered UK on 7th April 2015. Her visa was isssued 31st Jan 2015. Am I right to assume that we cannot apply till 10th March 2020 for her ILR?
Correct, if that is within 28 days of the 5th anniversary of the entry date.
Also since the application is online, are the dates easily available? I am just going through the process of completing the form online but I noticed that they don't let you select the dates until the whole application is completed and paid for.
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online, so don't apply too early..the date of the biometric appointment is irrelevant and can be after the visa expires. How soon you get an appointment depends on where you are in the UK and what service you are willing to pay for.
Also, my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our first child 1st week of March. Since I am a British Citizen already and if my wife gives birth before/after the child is born, would that affect our application?

No.
We were hoping to go through the savings route. Can I just confirm what's the minimum amount of savings we need to have if completing the form with child or without child.
How much savings do you have. Child is irrelevant to the financial requirment.

Thanks all
[/quote]
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

theunforgiven
Newly Registered

Re: Set(M) application queries

Post by theunforgiven » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:25 pm

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online, so don't apply too early..the date of the biometric appointment is irrelevant and can be after the visa expires. How soon you get an appointment depends on where you are in the UK and what service you are willing to pay for.

I would prefer an appointment as soon as possible. I am in kent so I'm guessing my nearest centre would be croydon. I am going to go for the same day service. So am i right in assuming that we should only submit and pay for the application once we are within the 28 days time period? I was thinking of completing and paying now and then booking the earliest appointment for pre 28 days time period.

We were hoping to go through the savings route. Can I just confirm what's the minimum amount of savings we need to have if completing the form with child or without child.
How much savings do you have. Child is irrelevant to the financial requirment.

i have about £60k under my name untouched for the last 7 months in a savings account.

Thanks all
[/quote]
[/quote]