ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on definition of “parent” on SETM form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TS22
Newly Registered
United States of America

Help on definition of “parent” on SETM form

Post by TS22 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:37 pm

I have searched though this board and not seen this answered so I am hoping someone can help me.

I am applying for SetM ILR for me and for my dependent child. Dependent child has no father on BC and I am sole parent. My husband is British Citizen. My husband has a step-parent parental responsibility Agreement through the British courts for child. We also have another child together (British).

In filling out the SETM forms for me and the dependent child, there are two questions that are giving me difficulty:

1. Do you have any children whose parent is not your partner?

And then on the dependent’s application:
2. Confirm who your parents or legal guardians are (with the guidance Note at this question saying: “Parents include biological, adoptive and step-parents.”)

I have currently Answered

YES to Number 1.
And then listed my husband as a parent for question number 2 above, and indicated that the nature of this relationship is that of step-parent.

Is this correct? It seems as if I am using different definitions of “parent” but only the second question has this directive note.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help on definition of “parent” on SETM form

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:36 am

It is correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice