ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary to 10 year partners visa. Quickest way to ILR?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shy13utterfly
Newly Registered

Discretionary to 10 year partners visa. Quickest way to ILR?

Post by Shy13utterfly » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:28 am

I need help to what visa I will have to apply or extend on July.

2013 December - Arrival on UK on visit visa
2014 May - Visit visa extended for 3 months
2014 November - Discretionary Leave visa granted
2017 December - 10 year route Partner granted (Financial requirement is okay but have submitted an incorrect English Test hence the result)

Now I will be renewing my visa on July. Im not sure what visa I should apply for the quickest so I can apply for ILR. Will the count for 10 year will start from when I was granted discretionary leave in 2014 or did it start in 2017. Or will it be best for me to apply for 5 year route this time.

(When I was extending my discretionary leave visa I originally applied for 5 year route since I meet the financial requirement and everything else. The English test I sent them was the one I submitted in 2014. That was not valid anymore I didn't check enough before submitting my application. I then was asked to submit an updated English test. I am willing to do the required english test and have requested the case worker to send me my passport bu filling in a form however I was told to just just leave it on a phone call. I thought it was all okay until I received the letter from the home office I was granted 10 year route. I was devastated, my eldest daughter is not with me and I really want her to join us here with her younger sister. I would have appeal if I can at the time but I was not in a good place and was suffering severe depression at that time. Can I still dispute that?)

I have a daughter abroad and I really wanted her to be with me and my youngest daughter. She’s 10 now and have missed her growing up. I hope someone here can tell me the best route to apply for. TIA

Shy13utterfly
Newly Registered

Re: Discretionary to 10 year partners visa. Quickest way to ILR?

Post by Shy13utterfly » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:31 am

Anyone please???

Shy13utterfly
Newly Registered

Re: Discretionary to 10 year partners visa. Quickest way to ILR?

Post by Shy13utterfly » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:24 pm

Am i on the wrong thread. Not getting any reply?