ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application with lost old passport for a dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKApplicant2020
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR application with lost old passport for a dependent

Post by UKApplicant2020 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:05 pm

Hi All

I was on Tier 1 General Visa when I got married in 2014 and my wife came to UK on a dependent visa. It’s now been 5 years, so she is eligible for her ILR, and I became a British citizen in 2016.

However, unfortunately, her previous passport is missing, the one with an entry clearance on. I have read a few forums and people are suggesting to get the police report, SAR report and a letter from all the previous employers.

As she is mainly a dependent and not working anymore, I am not sure if I need to arrange any other documents, does anyone have an idea?
Also, when applying for a SAR report, would I need a Basic type?
And what’s required for filing a police report? How it’s done?

Any tips would be appreciated. :)

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application with lost old passport for a dependent

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:41 pm

UKVI already has the records on your wife.
SAR procedures are explained on GOV.UK website (Google search).
Contact the police to report the loss (Google search).
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice