ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence from UK using unpaid leaves

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tristanintheuk
India

Absence from UK using unpaid leaves

Post by tristanintheuk » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:42 am

Hi all,

I just want to give an update to you all about my ILR. I previously had a topic raised lots of discussion about if absence from UK using unpaid leaves affect ILR or not.

I had 1 day authorised unpaid leave and I had used that leave for travel outside of UK. My ILR (5 year Tier 2 continuous leave) has been successfully approved today. My employer has stated in the support letter that the leave is unpaid but approved.

I think if you don't have more than 4 weeks unpaid leaves then you will be fine (otherwise your sponsor has to curtail your Tier 2).

I hope this can help people who have the similar concerns.

Thanks for all your helps and good luck.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Absence from UK using unpaid leaves

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:45 pm

Unpaid leave under 4 weeks has no effect on ILR as per Tier 2 sponsor guidance. Anything more than that and your sponsor should stop sponsoring you.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice