ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original Document not needed for Visitor Visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Original Document not needed for Visitor Visa?

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi,

My parents have applied for Visitor Visa for UK. They attended appointment at Jaipur VFS center in India today. At the VFS center, the staff did not look at Original Documents and did not keep them either. They just said that since you have now uploaded your document so we do not need originals.
Previously, they always used to keep original documents with them and used to send it back with Passport once application is processed by UKVI.

Does anyone know if this is a recent change and original documents are no longer needed for UK Visitor Visa?
I am worried that the staff at VFS center may have made a mistake as its a small center (special centers outside matros where you have to pay additional user fee to submit documents).

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: Original Document not needed for Visitor Visa?

Post by iwolga » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:01 pm

ILR.dot.dot.dot wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:41 pm
Hi,

My parents have applied for Visitor Visa for UK. They attended appointment at Jaipur VFS center in India today. At the VFS center, the staff did not look at Original Documents and did not keep them either. They just said that since you have now uploaded your document so we do not need originals.
Previously, they always used to keep original documents with them and used to send it back with Passport once application is processed by UKVI.

Does anyone know if this is a recent change and original documents are no longer needed for UK Visitor Visa?
I am worried that the staff at VFS center may have made a mistake as its a small center (special centers outside matros where you have to pay additional user fee to submit documents).

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks
Hi,

this all sounds normal, don't worry. It was the same with my mum's papers! She scanned it all, sent it to me and I uploaded along with sponsorship papers. At VFS she only submitted her passport.

Good luck with the application!