ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i apply LTR with hsmp approval letter in uk? Thanks!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jadehsmp
Newly Registered

can i apply LTR with hsmp approval letter in uk? Thanks!

Post by jadehsmp » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:19 pm

DEAR FRIENDS,

I'm new here, I've applied hsmp in May, because of the unexpected delay in process time, i'm about to lose my patience.

I plan to apply a visitor visa to enter uk by the end of august first, so that i can start to look for jobs in uk.

My question is, when i get hsmp approval letter, may i apply for Leave to Remain in UK, instead of going back to apply for Leave to Enter. or it's obliged to go out of uk to apply for ec?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards
Jade

grant1
Member of Standing

Re: can i apply LTR with hsmp approval letter in uk? Thanks!

Post by grant1 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:56 pm

you will have to apply in your home country. you cant aply from within UK, HSMP has been closed in UK from last month
jadehsmp wrote:DEAR FRIENDS,

I'm new here, I've applied hsmp in May, because of the unexpected delay in process time, i'm about to lose my patience.

I plan to apply a visitor visa to enter uk by the end of august first, so that i can start to look for jobs in uk.

My question is, when i get hsmp approval letter, may i apply for Leave to Remain in UK, instead of going back to apply for Leave to Enter. or it's obliged to go out of uk to apply for ec?

Regards
Jade

jadehsmp
Newly Registered

Post by jadehsmp » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:15 pm

grant1 wrote:you will have to apply in your home country. you cant aply from within UK, HSMP has been closed in UK from last month

Regards
Jade
[/quote

HI Grant1, thank you for your answer!

i know hsmp has closed by the end of june all over the world, i mean, may i apply for LTR within uk with a hsmp approval letter under Tier 1 (transitonal arrangement) on a visitor visa, cause i don't want to go back home country again, it's a waste of money and time.

Thank you!

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:17 pm

answer is no. because you cant switch from visitor visa to tier-1.

jadehsmp wrote:
grant1 wrote:you will have to apply in your home country. you cant aply from within UK, HSMP has been closed in UK from last month

Regards
Jade
[/quote

i know hsmp has closed by the end of june all over the world, i mean, may i apply for LTR within uk with a hsmp approval letter under Tier 1 (transitonal arrangement) on a visitor visa, cause i don't want to go back home country again, it's a waste of money and time.

Thank you!

jadehsmp
Newly Registered

Post by jadehsmp » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:24 pm

grant1 wrote:answer is no. because you cant switch from visitor visa to tier-1.

jadehsmp wrote:

Regards
Jade
[/quote

Thank you!
OH i see, thank you very much!