ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaring PCN/FPN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pm107
Newly Registered
India

Declaring PCN/FPN

Post by pm107 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:43 pm

Hello,

I received two PCNs:
Sept 2014 (Bus lane violation, paid in time)
September 2015 (Parking fine, paid in time)

And one FPN:
December 2015: Speeding £100 fine but waived because I attended a course as part of the National Speed Awarness scheme.

I'm hoping these shouldn't matter, can someone confirm?

Should these be declared in the application form? If yes, should these be declared in the "Convictions and other penalties" section? Or should it be declared in the other details section right at the end? If they are to be declared, is it also necessary to attach scanned copies of the notices?

Thanks!

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Declaring PCN/FPN

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:01 am

I wouldn't declare them
At any time have you ever had any of the following,
in the UK or in another country?
A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offence, for example
disqualification for speeding or no motor
insurance
An arrest or charge for which you are currently
on, or awaiting trial
A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
A civil court judgment against you, for example
for non payment of debt, bankruptcy
proceedings or anti-social behaviour
A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law

Your issues not mentioned on here its very clear and you are telling the truth so if it was me I wouldn't declare any of that

pm107
Newly Registered
India

Post by pm107 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:26 pm

british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 05532.html

The FAQ says there's no legal requirement to declare a PCN:
" Note: penalty charge notices and notices for disorder (PCN/PND) may be considered as a FPN for the purpose of ‘Good Character’ as per section 3.7 in form AN. However, a PCN/PND should have no bearing on the application unless PCNs/PNDs are numerous. There is no specific requirement to declare a PCN."

Further, the AN guide (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf) talks about FPNs only, not PCNs.

The good character requirement guide (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf) talks about PCNs but only stresses about FPNs not PCNs.:
"A fixed penalty notice will not normally result in refusal unlessthepersonhasfailed to pay or has unsuccessfully challenged the notice and there were subsequent criminal proceedings resulting in a conviction. In such instances, they should be treated in line with the sentence imposed by the court. However, multiple fixed penalty notices over a short period of time could demonstrate a disregard for the law and therefore demonstrate that someone is not ofgood character"

My understanding is that it's good to declare the FPN in the others section and leave the PCNs alone. I'm pretty sure that the FPN was not recorded as I attended the speeding course.

Any suggestions?

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:50 pm

FPN should be declared.
Most probably you do not need to mention PCN paid on time, if they were more then a year ago.

pm107
Newly Registered
India

Post by pm107 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:56 pm

>>
obormot wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:50 pm
FPN should be declared.
Most probably you do not need to mention PCN paid on time, if they were more then a year ago.
Where should it be declared?
Is it in the "Convictions and other penalties" section?

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:06 pm

I think there is an option there, something like:
"caution, warning, reprimand, or other penalty"