ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non EU Parent of Irish Born Child 3 out 4 Years Clause

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hishamsait
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

non EU Parent of Irish Born Child 3 out 4 Years Clause

Post by hishamsait » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Hello Team,

I have read all the threads about a Irish Born Child of a non EU Parent will be granted an Irish Citizenships if one of the parent has resided in Ireland for an immediate 3 Out 4 previous Years, however i'm confused does this mean continuous stay of 3 out 4 years or a total of 3 out 4 years i.e. 1095 out of 1460 Days.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

joker
Ireland

Re: non EU Parent of Irish Born Child 3 out 4 Years Clause

Post by joker » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:21 am

It means a legal resident

hishamsait
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by hishamsait » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:50 am

Yes, Thank you for your reply, however we are still the legal resident but we are occasionally traveling back and forth from Ireland. and some times the stays are 2 months long in a given year. that means it will be 2 years and 6 months in the last 3 years being a legal resident.

Thank you kindly advice

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:10 am

Whether your absences constitute a break in residence might be a question for a solicitor. I know that when I applied for my kids' passports it didn't even come up as a question (unlike naturalization) but best to talk to a professional than take advice from a stranger on the internet.