ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS - Documentation Submission - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zaynab09
Newly Registered
Pakistan

VFS - Documentation Submission - Pakistan

Post by Zaynab09 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:00 pm

Helllo,

My brother has submitted an application today 23.02.2020 for a spouse visa for his wife.
He has all the documents here in the UK and his wife has a biometric appointment for the 02.03.2020.
We are slightly confused as to how to submit the documents as previously they were posted to Sheffield however the VFS website indicates to submit these at the biometric appointment in Pakistan. Is this correct?
If so can the biometrics appointment be delayed until the 17.03.2020 as I will be travelling to Pakistan then therefore will be in a position to take all the documentation with me.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: VFS - Documentation Submission - Pakistan

Post by Korekt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:25 pm

Zaynab09 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:00 pm
Helllo,

My brother has submitted an application today 23.02.2020 for a spouse visa for his wife.
He has all the documents here in the UK and his wife has a biometric appointment for the 02.03.2020.
We are slightly confused as to how to submit the documents as previously they were posted to Sheffield however the VFS website indicates to submit these at the biometric appointment in Pakistan. Is this correct?
Yes. It is one of the options available. Another option is to upload the documents online (from anywhere in the world).
If so can the biometrics appointment be delayed until the 17.03.2020 as I will be travelling to Pakistan then therefore will be in a position to take all the documentation with me.
If they so wish and are able to reschedule the appointment.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

sohail111
United Kingdom

Re: VFS - Documentation Submission - Pakistan

Post by sohail111 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:50 am

1. You can submit documents either online (in this case, why not do it now?), Wait for biometrics and then submit, post it to UK address or visit the UK office and get it scanned
2. Just make sure that you are required to submit financial evidence (Such as bank statements) from your date of application.
Since there's a gap between online submission and biometric, I think it would be better to include a cover letter to explain the gap is due to you want to visit Pakistan and see your spouse and submit together?
Otherwise, they will not know the reason why you waited.

Also check if Pakistan have a walk-in appointment, where you don't need to pre-book a date or time.
Note they will still need a copy of your checklist (which has a barcode) to link your application together if they submit in your absence