ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife in uk on spouse visa , how to bring her son from africa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gnajaf1
Newly Registered

wife in uk on spouse visa , how to bring her son from africa

Post by gnajaf1 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:02 pm

hi

i am a uk born citizen , my wife is here on 2 year spouse visa from march 08 , all is going well and she has found good job here in the uk. things are going so well that we now want to bring her son (aged 7) to the uk to join us. anyone know what the process entails , does she have to go back to africa to apply or can she do it from here? any advice will be greatly appreciated

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: wife in uk on spouse visa , how to bring her son from af

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:06 pm

gnajaf1 wrote:hi

i am a uk born citizen , my wife is here on 2 year spouse visa from march 08 , all is going well and she has found good job here in the uk. things are going so well that we now want to bring her son (aged 7) to the uk to join us. anyone know what the process entails , does she have to go back to africa to apply or can she do it from here? any advice will be greatly appreciated
Money for visas, and permission from father most likely, depends on rules in her country.

Whilst I suppose it's possible to sort it all out this end, I suspect it might be easier from there.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

gnajaf1
Newly Registered

Post by gnajaf1 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:10 pm

money for visa = do you mean the 600 gbp for settlement visa?
permission from father = does the british embassy require this ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:14 pm

gnajaf1 wrote:money for visa = do you mean the 600 gbp for settlement visa?
permission from father = does the british embassy require this ?
Yes! And not sure if embassy need the paternal info, but I know some, and I suspect most, countries require it before they let the child leave otherwise kids would be effectively kidnapped willy-nilly.

Certainly in my gf's country a court order is required as well as the father's permission.

I think ur wife needs to check the law in her country.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:34 pm

He may apply for a child settlement visa.

See also SET7.8 What is sole responsibility? and Annex M - General guidance part 1 & part 2 - guidance on interpretation of the rules > 4. SOLE RESPONSIBILITY - PARAGRAPHS 297(i)(e), 298(i)(c) & 301(i)(b) and [url=http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKIAT/2006/00049.html]TD (Paragraph 297(i)(e): “sole responsibilityâ€
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.