ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dineshdina321
Newly Registered
India

SET(LR)

Post by Dineshdina321 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:13 am

Dear All,

Thanks Zimba for you input.

I have finally received my visa FLR (LR) based on 10 years of long residency.

My questions and doubt are

1. The letter sent by home office saying careful consideration given on 276A4 with reference to immigration rules 276A1. What does it mean because they not mentioned anything about 276B point (iv) requirement (KOLL) They just mention 276A4 immigration rules under 276A1 which I don't understand?

2. On the bio metric it says type of visa"leave to remain" but no category, can I apply SET(LR) anytime now because I lost the LIUK certify later found and I fulfill the all another requirements of SET (LR).

2. Will it be a problem if I apply immediately because I lost my LIUK certificate while applying for variation from tier 1extension. Now I want to remove the restrictions placed on FLR (LR) since I'm getting good offers for employment but I have not signed any yet until the restrictions removed.

3. Any other points I need to careful of while applying SET (LR), I believe they could have checked all the requirements under FLR (LR) under 10 years long residency expect the 276B point (iv) requirement (KOLL).

4. What category of visa is best to bring wife from Malaysia, FLR(M) or best to change to SET (LR) for me and bring wife to UK.

5. If FLR (M) you need income requirement for 18600 pa and what options I have if I don't achieve the income requirements.

6. What is the quickest way for settlement for wife in UK SET (M) or FLR (M)? Can both combined for 5 years settlement visa.

Your all valuable advise is important in settlement.

Thanks all in advance.

Regards
Dinesh

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (LR) and dependent route visa

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:11 am

You seem to have not properly read my previous answer: uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ext ... l#p1883686
1. The letter sent by home office saying careful consideration given on 276A4 with reference to immigration rules 276A1. What does it mean because they not mentioned anything about 276B point (iv) requirement (KOLL) They just mention 276A4 immigration rules under 276A1 which I don't understand?
You applied for extension under long residence NOT ILR. The rules are different. Go read the rules as I explained before.
2. On the bio metric it says type of visa"leave to remain" but no category, can I apply SET(LR) anytime now because I lost the LIUK certify later found and I fulfill the all another requirements of SET (LR).
Yes if you are eligible for ILR
2. Will it be a problem if I apply immediately because I lost my LIUK certificate while applying for variation from tier 1extension. Now I want to remove the restrictions placed on FLR (LR) since I'm getting good offers for employment but I have not signed any yet until the restrictions removed.
3. Any other points I need to careful of while applying SET (LR), I believe they could have checked all the requirements under FLR (LR) under 10 years long residency expect the 276B point (iv) requirement (KOLL).remove the restrictions placed on FLR (LR) since I'm getting good offers for employment but I have not signed any yet until the restrictions removed.
Again, FLR(LR) has different rules as it lead to an EXTENSION and NOT ILR. SET(LR) has slightly different rules. I do not see any issues as long as you are eligible for ILR
4. What category of visa is best to bring wife from Malaysia, FLR(M) or best to change to SET (LR) for me and bring wife to UK.
5. If FLR (M) you need income requirement for 18600 pa and what options I have if I don't achieve the income requirements.
6. What is the quickest way for settlement for wife in UK SET (M) or FLR (M)? Can both combined for 5 years settlement visa.
She needs to apply for family visa entry clearance. FLR(M) is an application for extension of that visa applied in the UK :!:
With respect to settlement, there is a 5 year route and a 10 year route which are SEPARATE and you cannot combine them. If you do not meet the income requirement, she will be put under the 10 year rule for ILR. SET(M) is simply the ILR application form :?
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET(LR)

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:27 pm

Ask only ILR questions here
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice