ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 quick questions re: dependents to Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niw2
Member of Standing

2 quick questions re: dependents to Tier 1

Post by niw2 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:05 am

Hi guys,

Taking a break from responding to other people's questions to ask two of my own.

My partner has decided to come with me to the UK. We are currently both in NZ. Once my HSMP application is processed, I will apply for Tier 1 (General). My partner will apply to accompany me as my dependent, as my unmarried or defacto partner.

I have been reviewing the guidance notes and policy documents but am unable to find clear answers to the following 2 points:

1. Does my partner have to attend a biometrics appointment? I assume she does but nowhere in the guidance notes or instructions does it say so. Yes/No?

2. The guidance notes and policy docs do not clearly state whether all of the maintenance funds have to be held in my bank account. Can we each submit separate bank statements to prove that we have held the necessary funds? ie. Can I submit my bank statements with my application to prove that I have held 2800GBP for 3 months, and she submit her bank statements (relating to her separate account) showing that she has held 1600GBP for 3 months? Yes/No?

Thanks for your answers to the above.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: 2 quick questions re: dependents to Tier 1

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:08 pm

niw2 wrote:1. Does my partner have to attend a biometrics appointment? I assume she does but nowhere in the guidance notes or instructions does it say so. Yes/No?
Yes.
niw2 wrote:2. The guidance notes and policy docs do not clearly state whether all of the maintenance funds have to be held in my bank account. Can we each submit separate bank statements to prove that we have held the necessary funds?
Dependents maintenance wrote:If the main applicant under the highly skilled worker category is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £1,600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant.
In other words, your partner can use her bank account as evidence of maintenance funds to support her EC application.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:26 pm

Great, thanks Sush'.

SS100
Newly Registered

Post by SS100 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:47 am

Hello,
Niw: Did this work out fer you? Did you show 2800 gbp in main applicant's a/c and 1600 gbp in dependant's account???

Pl help

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:45 am

I have not yet applied, as I am waiting for my HSMP approval letter, but there is no reason why it would not be acceptable.

Faded
Newly Registered

Post by Faded » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:47 pm

niw2 wrote:I have not yet applied, as I am waiting for my HSMP approval letter, but there is no reason why it would not be acceptable.
Hi. What evidence are you providing as proof of your relationship (ie. unmarried).

I currently hold HSMP and want to add my partner (unmarried) as a dependant, but I'm not clear on what evidence will suffice to prove our relationship.

Can anybody shed some light?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi there,

You should have created a new thread, not resurrected and diverted an old one! But to answer your question, here is an extract from the NZ BHC site:
Here are some examples of the documentary evidence we need to see. This list is not exhaustive.

birth certificates of children from the relationship
joint ownership of property and pocessions
joint/tenancy/lease agreements
joint responsibility for bills, utilities etc.
hire purchase
last will and testament
insurance – health or property
photos i.e. commitment ceremony, holidays, etc.
letters (postmarked)
habitation index
invitations addressed to the couple
joint memberships
next of kin – doctor, employer

Statutory Declarations from friends or family will not be accepted.

We also need to see more than one kind of evidence from the list above to demonstrate that the relationship is in fact genuine. For instance, joint tenancy agreements going back two years is not enough to prove a relationship akin to marriage - theoretically you could just be flatmates.

It is the applicant's responsibility to prove the relationship is one akin to marriage, and that it has lasted for at least two years.
We will be providing 4 years worth of suitable holiday photos arranged in an 8 page word document, a copy of our joint tenancy signed December 2005, a letter from an insurance company regarding our joint property insurance, a habitation index (ie. list of places we have lived together) going back 2 years, and 2 years worth of joint bank statements.