ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 £50K VC funding

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yash121
Mood:
India

Tier 1 £50K VC funding

Post by yash121 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:01 am

Hello Everyone
I got my visa on 17th September 2019 under Tier 1 VC funding route and I need your precious advise on below things

1) Is it mandatory to get the £50K from VC firm with 6 months period ?
2) Can I return the VC funding within 1 year by providing my company director loan as every year VC charges will increase

thanks for your help :)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 £50K VC funding

Post by marcnath » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:59 am

yash121 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:01 am
Hello Everyone
I got my visa on 17th September 2019 under Tier 1 VC funding route and I need your precious advise on below things

1) Is it mandatory to get the £50K from VC firm with 6 months period ?
2) Can I return the VC funding within 1 year by providing my company director loan as every year VC charges will increase

thanks for your help :)
1) No
2)Read through the guidelines. There are some documents needed from the VC for your extension application. As long as you have those documents, I don't see anything in the regulations that prevent you from returning the money.

Having said that, your questions raise the genuine nature of your VC investment itself. From my experience as an investor, VCs don't make investment for short term returns, so the fact that you even have the option to just return the money to avoid/reduce charges raises questions about the nature of that investment. HO has been known to scrutinise the VC investments and have even curtailed visas when they are concerned about the genuineness of the VC.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

yash121
Mood:
India

Post by yash121 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:15 pm

Hello
Thanks for sharing it :)
Yes, generally VC firm have minimum 3 years target however when your business is making more money and have more growth opportunity, in that case I feel it's better to pay them earlier as it will increase your profit.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:26 pm

yash121 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:15 pm
Hello
Thanks for sharing it :)
Yes, generally VC firm have minimum 3 years target however when your business is making more money and have more growth opportunity, in that case I feel it's better to pay them earlier as it will increase your profit.
Yes, and that is exactly what makes this a strange VC funding. A VC will be looking at having a share of the profits rather than a fixed interest on investment, so it makes absolutely no sense for a VC to get out when there is more money to be made from future profits.

This looks like some finance company masquerading as a VC company for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa applicants. It is very good for them but so risky for the T1 Entrepreneur that they should be condemned.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

yash121
Mood:
India

Post by yash121 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:08 am

Hello
some VC firms want to be sure about there ROI as they look for upto 15% of roi so in that regards they are going according to there plan bcuz in the case of new businesses the chances of failure can be high.