ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK SPOUSE VISA (re send docs)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sugarbear
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK SPOUSE VISA (re send docs)

Post by Sugarbear » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:32 am

Spouse of British Citizen.

Spouse visa application made outside of UK: 28th October 2019 (from biometrics)

90 days have elapsed on February 28th, 2020

Supporting Documents: Uploaded

Email from UK decision-making center February 27th, 2020: The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. Due to a technical issue, we are unable to conclude the application at this time as we are no longer able to view the documents you originally submitted. We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause, please provide all the documents you had previously submitted in the email below.

Sent them all documents the same day February 27th, 2020

Received an automated message that all documents have been received but no indication of when I should expect a response?

Has anyone had to re-send documents via email past 90 days or similar? After how many days did you receive visa or response?

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated. Stress levels are high :(

Covee
United Kingdom

Re: UK SPOUSE VISA (re send docs)

Post by Covee » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:23 am

Hi,

I'm yet to submit my application, and have never had your experience.

Although the message you provided from the home office appears to say they have had an issue, meaning they admit their system has messed up, and so it appears there is no blame on your part.

The home office are clearly well outside their customer service level (60 working days).

If I were to be in the same situation, I would think about raising this via my MP to pressure the Home Office to rectify this error, which has led to them not meeting their promise of 60 days, as well as having my MP pressuring them to giving this the immediate attention it requires.

I would try to do this by walking-in to my local MPs constituency surgery rather than by email, as MPs take a very long time to respond to all the mail they receive from constituents due to the volume of mail they receive.

I would also email send an email to the visa VisaSheffield email address CC'ing my MP.

This is how I would proceed if I were in your situation, although I am no expert.