ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got family visit twice multipal once fourth time refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qureshi787
Newly Registered

Got family visit twice multipal once fourth time refused

Post by qureshi787 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Dear
Assallam-mu-alaykum

I heard about you from my uncle Michael Marsh who just recently applied for his wife's settlement visa and got it.

My name is Omar Hamza Qureshi. I am a british national married to a pakistani girl. I have two small girls one is one year six months and the other is above three who wore born in UK and are british nationals. My wife has visited twice to UK on 6 months family visit and third time she applied for a multiple and got two years visa but did not use it and lost her passport. when we applied again fourth time for a visit visa they refused. i really don't understand how these people work twice they gave my wife 6 month's family visit visa once multiple family visit visa and now they have refused for a six month's family visit visa. I don't think i should appeal. What do you say? i think i should apply for a settlement now for good. can you help me with this? do i have to be in UK to apply for a settlement visa or i can do it from pakistan by your help? What documents do i need to send you and how much will it cost me all to gather? How long will it take you to get all the documents ready?

Hope to hear from you very soon.

Thank you

Allahafiz

O.H.Qureshi

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Wa alaikum salam
You can only apply for a spouse visa from your wife's country of residence.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:29 pm

Here are the requirements you must meet before your wife and children can come and live with you here in the UK

13.5 - Spouses/civil partners and how they qualify(Rules Paragraphs 277 - 289)
For an applicant to qualify for admission as a spouse/civil partner, you must be satisfied that:

* the sponsor is present and settled in the United Kingdom, or is to be admitted for settlement at the same time as the applicant arrives in the UK;
* the sponsor and the applicant are aged 18 or over;
* the parties to the marriage/civil partnership have met;
* the marriage/civil partnership is subsisting and each of the parties intend to live permanently with the other as his or her spouse/civil partner;
* there will be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively;
* the parties will be able to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds.

The documents that you require are those to prove the above.eg housing letter, bank statements, employment letter and wage slips,marriage certificate.photos,letters between you and your spouse.

As regards the length it will take depends on how quickly you can get back to the UK, start working, find accomadation , save some money etc. Once you have done this and your spouse makes an application and that is succesful, then it will take 3 months. If however she is refused and you have to appeal, then you are looking at a minimum of 12 months before your wife and kids join you in the UK.

Hope this helps you

qureshi787
Newly Registered

Post by qureshi787 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:11 am

Thank you for your reply
How much money should i show in my statements and how long the money should be there for? Wage slips 6 weeks?
batleykhan wrote:Here are the requirements you must meet before your wife and children can come and live with you here in the UK

13.5 - Spouses/civil partners and how they qualify(Rules Paragraphs 277 - 289)
For an applicant to qualify for admission as a spouse/civil partner, you must be satisfied that:

* the sponsor is present and settled in the United Kingdom, or is to be admitted for settlement at the same time as the applicant arrives in the UK;
* the sponsor and the applicant are aged 18 or over;
* the parties to the marriage/civil partnership have met;
* the marriage/civil partnership is subsisting and each of the parties intend to live permanently with the other as his or her spouse/civil partner;
* there will be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively;
* the parties will be able to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds.

The documents that you require are those to prove the above.eg housing letter, bank statements, employment letter and wage slips,marriage certificate.photos,letters between you and your spouse.

As regards the length it will take depends on how quickly you can get back to the UK, start working, find accomadation , save some money etc. Once you have done this and your spouse makes an application and that is succesful, then it will take 3 months. If however she is refused and you have to appeal, then you are looking at a minimum of 12 months before your wife and kids join you in the UK.

Hope this helps you

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:01 am

6-8 weeks wage slips should be enough, along with a letter from your employers confirming permanant employment.

As regards having some money in bank account, some people have said they didnt have any money when their spouse visa was granted, whilst others from India and Pakistan usually have between £2000- £4000 in their accounts.

I think what you should show is that you have a regular income coming in to support, your wife and kids without asking family members or claiming public funds.

Whatever you do, dont put a lump sum in your account just before your application, as this is a receipe for disaster.

qureshi787
Newly Registered

Post by qureshi787 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:07 pm

Thank you for the prompt relply. From the start when you start preparing documents to the end when you get visa. How long those it take all to gather?
batleykhan wrote:6-8 weeks wage slips should be enough, along with a letter from your employers confirming permanant employment.

As regards having some money in bank account, some people have said they didnt have any money when their spouse visa was granted, whilst others from India and Pakistan usually have between £2000- £4000 in their accounts.

I think what you should show is that you have a regular income coming in to support, your wife and kids without asking family members or claiming public funds.

Whatever you do, dont put a lump sum in your account just before your application, as this is a receipe for disaster.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:01 pm

I cant give you a time limit because I dont know of your personal circumstances. I mean if you are in Pakistan, you have to get back to the UK, start looking for work, accomadation,start saving etc.I dont know how long this will take.

However if you have all the above, and your wife applys for entry clearance,normally it will take about 3 months for the Embassy to look at it and give you an answer. If you are lucky and your wife get her visa first time, then she can be with you straight away after getting visa.

However if she is refused becasue the ECO is not happy with your documents or evidence, then you have to go through the Appeal procedure, and that can unfortunately take a further 6 months, and if she wins the appeal, it could be a further 2/3 months before his visa is issued and she can be with you.

Hope this helps