ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor's passport requested by Liverpool Visa Office

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sobia K
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

EUSS Family Permit for mother in law

Post by Sobia K » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:35 pm

Dear all,

I have applied for an EUSS Family Permit and have been contacted by the Home Office (email from Liverpool visa office) asking for my(sponsor's) EU passport.

I have sent the passport to them without a delay and have received it back. I am a bit confused as they had already asked for the sponsor's passport or ID card at the application submission point. Sponsor's ID card was presented with the application as it was one of the requirements on the document checklist.

Does anyone know the time frame after they have sent the sponsor's passport back,
Can anyone advise if they have had the similar experience.

Here is the time line
17th Feb Application submitted for EUSs FP

17th Application received at the UK decision making centre(via email)

28th Feb email from Liverpool to say not straight forward application (2 emails at exact same time)

28th Feb email from Liverpool to ask for Sponsor's passport or ID card(2 emails at exact same time)

29th Sponsor's passport sent as requested by HO

7th March passport sent back by the Liverpool office.

You help is very much appreciated 😀

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for mother in law

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:55 pm

Check this thread out:

eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-no ... 78577.html

Nobody can ever tell you how long your own application will take to get a decision. Even if you find people with the same profile as yours, it doesn't mean that your application would take exactly the same time.

Look on that thread to get an idea but anything beyond that, is mere speculation.

Sobia K
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Sponsor's passport requested by Liverpool Visa Office

Post by Sobia K » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi,

I have applied for an EU Settled Scheme Family Permit fir my mother in law. the application checklist stated about the sponsors passport to be given at the visa center appointment, my mother in law took my EU ID card and handed this in with the application form. however, two weeks later Liverpool office has sent her two separate emails at same day and time, one email stating application is not straightforward and other asking her to send the EU nationals passport/ID. I sent my passport to them from here as I am already in the UK, but not sure why they have asked for it twice and it has now been over three weeks and no response.

I have sent a similar thread in past but cannot locate it on my account, please help. :|

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsor's passport requested by Liverpool Visa Office

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:51 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NatCam
Georgia

Re: Sponsor's passport requested by Liverpool Visa Office

Post by NatCam » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:57 pm

You just need to wait.
The Home Office has the right to ask for the original document.