ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dipak_ghatak
Newly Registered
India

British Naturalisation application

Post by dipak_ghatak » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:09 pm

hello there,
I am filling up online British Naturalisation application form. I have few querries:

There is a question for all the
While filling online form. In the section of ' previous immigration application',for below the question:

1. Name in which you made the application - :
What shall I write there ? My name or type of application (link Tier-2 visa, ILR etc) I made in past?

2. I am applying for daughter (age under 16)and wife as well. In the document section its asking for follwing doc:
A letter of consent from Miss xxxxxxx's parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
What should be objective of this letter , whome to address and we both (I and my wife) shoud wirte the letter or one letter should be fine?

3.About Proof of I and my wife parental responsibility for my daughter. Should my daughter's birth certificate be sifficenet to prove parental responsibility of both the parents?

Thnaks in advance!

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: British Naturalisation application

Post by obormot » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:59 pm

1. As far as I remember, they ask for your name at times of application there, but there is also a place for a type of application, no?
2. We submitted one letter signed by both parents stating that we consent for our children to get british nationality ("we, Mr X and Ms Y, born on that days, citizens of that country, living at that address, parents of Z, consent to..")
You can address it to HO or to whom it many concern
3. Child birth certificate is enough (even if parents are not married or were not at child birth). I think they might want divorce decree on custody if parents divorced, but this is not your case.