ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From Switzerland to the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Phoebe2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

From Switzerland to the UK

Post by Phoebe2 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:47 am

Hi everyone,

I am an Australian married to a Swiss. I have just got my EEA FP. We both will be travelling together to the UK to meet the condition set on the visa. Husband has not lived there before. We both have been in the UK on holidays. This time we will be travelling to live there. So:

1. We arrive together and then what? Do I head to the processing center to apply for my RC? We would be staying at a hotel. So meaning no UK address. How do I go about circumventing this requirement?

3. I have looked at the eligibility to apply for an RC.

"that your EEA family member has a permanent right of residence
that your EEA family member is a ‘qualified person’"

My husband has/is neither. In order to be a qualified person, one has to be living in the UK or has lived at least for 3 months. So will the process only begin after 3 months?

4. Suppose we arrive next month and then we apply for the RC (for me) and I began to work. My FP will expire in August. Will this affect my RC application? What if the processing time goes beyond the expiry date? Then must I leave the country? The FP is not extendable.

5. During the 6 months, could my husband travel in and out of the country. He will have to sort administration issues back in Switzerland. The idea is that I stay put and work while he completes his obligations back home.

Appreciate your time and suggestions. Thank you, all!

Cheers, Phoebe

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: From Switzerland to the UK

Post by obormot » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:41 am

I would think it is much easier if both you and your husband apply for pre-settled status, not for EU RC.
Here:
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... atus-means
You arrive, open joint bank account, find a job, and then apply with bank statement, letter from your job(s) and marriage certificate