ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR question regarding holidays

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Spouse to ILR - Questions

Post by kllyspn222 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi all,

First time poster here, please be gentle!

I've been looking through the past posts but still looking for a few definitive answers:

1. I'm having trouble finding the official guidelines for filling this out, am I just working from the form or am I following the same guidelines for Appendix FM?

2. Possibly due to the above, I can't find if I need passport-sized photographs for myself and my partner like in FLR(M) visa?

3. For the absences out of the UK, do I need to list every single time I left the UK over the five year period (including weekends away, etc)? Or just for absences over a particular amount of days?

4. If my first FLR(M) was granted 09.04.15 and my current FLR (M) expires on 22.05.20, am I right in calculating that I can apply anytime between 12.03.20 and 24.04.20 or is it only between 24.04.20 and 22.05.20 that I can apply?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse to ILR - Questions

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:04 pm

1. I'm having trouble finding the official guidelines for filling this out, am I just working from the form or am I following the same guidelines for Appendix FM?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-members
2. Possibly due to the above, I can't find if I need passport-sized photographs for myself and my partner like in FLR(M) visa?
No photo is submitted. Everything is done online. Digital photos are taken during your biometrics appointment
3. For the absences out of the UK, do I need to list every single time I left the UK over the five year period (including weekends away, etc)? Or just for absences over a particular amount of days?
Family route has NO absence limit
4. If my first FLR(M) was granted 09.04.15 and my current FLR (M) expires on 22.05.20, am I right in calculating that I can apply anytime between 12.03.20 and 24.04.20 or is it only between 24.04.20 and 22.05.20 that I can apply?
You can apply within 28 days of completing your 5 years. Your current visa expiry is not relevant !!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kllyspn222 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:09 pm

Thank you so much.

Just to clarify, regarding the time outside the UK I only need to report where I spent time outside the UK for more than two weeks, as on the form?

With regards to the application date, that would mean I could apply 20.03.20 at the earliest, but if my current FLR (M) runs out 22.05.20 can I still apply basically anytime between 20th March and 22nd May? I was hoping to apply in late April so I have my p60 etc.

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kllyspn222 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:17 pm

Also:

- Do I really need to name all of my family and friends in my home country?! Is the point to keep this to a minimum so it doesn't seem like I have huge ties to Australia?

- The question "What type of ceremony was your wedding or civil partnership?" - I just got married in a town hall with no religious bells/whistles -- is that just a civil ceremony?

- I have been employed by the same employer for 4 years, however my pay went up in December, so would I be ticking "Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount"?

- Naming other reasons to stay in the UK -- is this only official things like "I'm currently undergoing surgery" (for example) or am I expected to be making my case here like "I have lived here X years and have a job and social connections"?
Last edited by kllyspn222 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:20 pm

Just to clarify, regarding the time outside the UK I only need to report where I spent time outside the UK for more than two weeks, as on the form?
If the form asks for your absences enter them. However they have no effect whatsoever.
With regards to the application date, that would mean I could apply 20.03.20 at the earliest, but if my current FLR (M) runs out 22.05.20 can I still apply basically anytime between 20th March and 22nd May? I was hoping to apply in late April so I have my p60 etc.
Yes. That is the earliest you can apply. You may delay it if you wish
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kllyspn222 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:21 pm

Yes. That is the earliest you can apply. You may delay it if you wish
[/quote]

Thank you. I feel like I'd prefer to apply at the end of April so I have my p60, hopefully this shouldn't be a problem!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:00 pm

P60s are not required for SET M ilr. You only need payslips, bank statements and employer letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kllyspn222 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:52 pm

Thank you!

Any word on the above questions at all, please?

Also, I am relying only on my income for the application as I make over the threshold, does that mean I do not need to include my partner's payslips, bank statements or employment letter?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:06 pm

babyredpanda wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:52 pm
Thank you!

Any word on the above questions at all, please?

Also, I am relying only on my income for the application as I make over the threshold, does that mean I do not need to include my partner's payslips, bank statements or employment letter?
You submit only relevant evidence. Not anything you do not want to rely on

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

ILR Application Check-Over

Post by kllyspn222 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi all, I hope everyone is having a great week so far.

I'm just getting everything together now and I was wondering if some of our resident experts could look over the below and let me know if there's any glaring mistakes/anything missing please?

I am applying for ILR coming off the 5-year Spouse route. I have no dependents. My five years is up on 09.04.20 and my second FLR (M) expires 22.05.20. I'm planning on applying for my visa in late April and going the super priority route.
I will be doing the Life in the UK test at the end of this month and will add the reference number into my form
I've filled out my Set (M) form online
I'm relying on my own income, so will provide 6/12 months of payslips and corresponding bank statements. My husband also makes over the threshold but because I'm not relying on his income, I won't be including any of this information for him (is this correct?).
I have most documents ready to upload.
On application day, I'll submit the application, pay, upload documents etc and make a priority appointment.
On the appointment day I'll bring my original passports and BRP, as well as copies/whatever I have of the supporting documents just in case.

In my documents, I will be including:
My current passport
My expired passport used to get my original FLR (M)
A copy of my husband's passport
A copy of my BRP
My signed employment contract and raise letters
6-12 months of payslips signed/stamped by my employer
6-12 months of corresponding bank statements stamped by the bank
Letter from my employer: confirming employment, gross annual salary, how long I've been on this wage etc
P60
Partner declaration
Copy of marriage certificate
Tenancy agreement

Correspondence in both of our names:
Council tax bill (March 2019)
Thames water bill (February 2019)
Thames water bill (April 2019)
British gas bill (Oct 2019)
British gas bill (Dec 2019)

Correspondence in his name:
Thames water bill (Nov 2017)
Natwest letter (March 2020)

Correspondence in my name:
Virgin media bill (March 2020)
Virgin media contract (October 2017)
Virgin media letter (October 2017)
ISA Bank statement (March 2020)

Does this all look right?
Do you think the letters I have will be sufficient?

And just a few questions:
- I received a raise in November 2019 so I have technically NOT been on the same amount continuously for the past six months, but have always made over the threshold. Because of this, does that mean I should be providing 12 months of payslips/bank statements? And if so, should I state my current, higher salary or my pre-November salary?

- Just to 100% check, printed online statements are now okay these days, or do I need the bank to stamp them all?

- The "Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?" question: I'm unsure of how to answer this, am I supposed to mention work and social ties…?

- "Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?": as I've lived in the UK for nearly 7 years, should I be mentioning these friends/family or is that not what they're looking for? I've currently just answered 2-3 friends in Australia and my immediate family in Australia, will this be sufficient?

- Is there anything else I've totally missed / haven't noted to include?

Thanks so much in advance :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application Check-Over

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:18 pm

babyredpanda wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:11 pm
Hi all, I hope everyone is having a great week so far.

I'm just getting everything together now and I was wondering if some of our resident experts could look over the below and let me know if there's any glaring mistakes/anything missing please?

I am applying for ILR coming off the 5-year Spouse route. I have no dependents. My five years is up on 09.04.20 and my second FLR (M) expires 22.05.20. I'm planning on applying for my visa in late April and going the super priority route.
I will be doing the Life in the UK test at the end of this month and will add the reference number into my form
I've filled out my Set (M) form online
I'm relying on my own income, so will provide 6/12 months of payslips and corresponding bank statements. My husband also makes over the threshold but because I'm not relying on his income, I won't be including any of this information for him (is this correct?).
I have most documents ready to upload.
On application day, I'll submit the application, pay, upload documents etc and make a priority appointment.
On the appointment day I'll bring my original passports and BRP, as well as copies/whatever I have of the supporting documents just in case.

In my documents, I will be including:
My current passport
My expired passport used to get my original FLR (M)
A copy of my husband's passport
A copy of my BRP
My signed employment contract and raise letters
6-12 months of payslips signed/stamped by my employer
6-12 months of corresponding bank statements stamped by the bank
Letter from my employer: confirming employment, gross annual salary, how long I've been on this wage etc
P60
Partner declaration
Copy of marriage certificate
Tenancy agreement

Correspondence in both of our names:
Council tax bill (March 2019)
Thames water bill (February 2019)
Thames water bill (April 2019)
British gas bill (Oct 2019)
British gas bill (Dec 2019)

Correspondence in his name:
Thames water bill (Nov 2017)
Natwest letter (March 2020)

Correspondence in my name:
Virgin media bill (March 2020)
Virgin media contract (October 2017)
Virgin media letter (October 2017)
ISA Bank statement (March 2020)

Does this all look right?
Do you think the letters I have will be sufficient?

- I received a raise in November 2019 so I have technically NOT been on the same amount continuously for the past six months, but have always made over the threshold. Because of this, does that mean I should be providing 12 months of payslips/bank statements? And if so, should I state my current, higher salary or my pre-November salary?

- Just to 100% check, printed online statements are now okay these days, or do I need the bank to stamp them all?

- The "Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?" question: I'm unsure of how to answer this, am I supposed to mention work and social ties…?

- "Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?": as I've lived in the UK for nearly 7 years, should I be mentioning these friends/family or is that not what they're looking for? I've currently just answered 2-3 friends in Australia and my immediate family in Australia, will this be sufficient?

- Is there anything else I've totally missed / haven't noted to include?

How about the cohabitation evidences during 2018
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kllyspn222 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:58 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:18 pm

How about the cohabitation evidences during 2018
Good shout, I'll try to dig a 2018 bill out of the depths. Thank you!

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kllyspn222 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:19 am

Any further guidance on the above questions at all please, mods? <3

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kllyspn222 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:00 pm
P60s are not required for SET M ilr. You only need payslips, bank statements and employer letter.
:D

Could you please look over my checklist when you get the chance?

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:03 pm

babyredpanda wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:44 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:00 pm
:D

Could you please look over my checklist when you get the chance?
In the Documents required checklist, at the end of the online SET(M) application for my wife, it lists her P60 as required. Whether the fact that she had ticked the box to indicate that her income is "not the same amount continuously and is below the Financial Requirement" may have had a bearing on that, I don't know. I would certainly take a look at the documents required checklist in your application.

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: ILR question regarding holidays

Post by kllyspn222 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:42 am

Will do, thank you!

Also just a bump for this thread if anyone can help me with the unanswered questions above.

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kllyspn222 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:46 pm

babyredpanda wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:11 pm

- Just to 100% check, printed online statements are now okay these days, or do I need the bank to stamp them?

Hi all, I hope everyone is keeping safe. I’m trying not to get into a ball of anxiety over COVID-19 and awful timing messing this whole thing up! I’ve booked my LitUK test for mid April (fingers crossed) and will put in my application at the end of the month once I have my April Payslip. Hoping to apply with the Super Priority Route but again, uncertain regarding COVID! Anyway, I think I’ve managed to find answers to most of my questions aside from the above quoted, could anyone please help me?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:34 pm

The figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period. Online bank account statements are fine

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kllyspn222 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:22 pm

Thanks Zimba, you’re a star.

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kllyspn222 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi all,
I've just paid for and submitted my application today, ticking "no" for the Life in the UK test question, hoping that by the time I get to my biometrics appointment, I'll have been able to complete the test and provide proof with my other uploaded documents. I've been given a Unique Application Number for booking my appointment and am starting to upload my documents to UKVAS. Does this all seem correct?

As an update, I called the COVID visa helpline today and they're saying they're expecting more information in the next two weeks...very informative!