ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport photos in the naturalisation online form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Italy

Online application - date of application?

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:23 pm

Hello,

One can apply for naturalisation after 1 year of indefinite leave to remain, correct?
So, suppose I have ILR, but it's not been 1 year yet. And I start filling in the form online.
At which point exactly will the application date be set? On the date of payment? On the date I send all the documents? On the date I started filling in the form?

Can I fill in the form and proceed to pay for the application before I complete 1 year of ILR? Is there an acceptance margin for the date of application?

I'm asking because I wish to see the form requirements before filling it, so I don't have to stop my application to gather more data and get back to it. I know that is possible, but I'd like to do this in one go. So what is the earliest I can try that?

So, for example. I've read that the referees' declaration can be downloaded after payment. So the application is not complete at that point, is it? I need them to sign the stuff first. So does it mean I can't apply exactly 1 year after the ILR?

Thanks for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online application - date of application?

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:28 pm

One can apply for naturalisation after 1 year of indefinite leave to remain, correct?
Correct, the full 12 months on ILR.
So, suppose I have ILR, but it's not been 1 year yet. And I start filling in the form online.
At which point exactly will the application date be set? On the date of payment? On the date I send all the documents? On the date I started filling in the form?
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online. NO documents are posted to HO, you upload them digitally before your biometric appointment.
Can I fill in the form and proceed to pay for the application before I complete 1 year of ILR? Is there an acceptance margin for the date of application?
You should only submit and pay when you qualify and have held ILR for the full 12 months. You can start the application, but don't submit it yet.
I'm asking because I wish to see the form requirements before filling it, so I don't have to stop my application to gather more data and get back to it. I know that is possible, but I'd like to do this in one go. So what is the earliest I can try that?
If you are not married to a British citizen, you must wait the full 12 months before you submit and pay.
So, for example. I've read that the referee's declaration can be downloaded after payment. So the application is not complete at that point, is it? I need them to sign the stuff first. So does it mean I can't apply exactly 1 year after the ILR?
You need to wait the 12 months, as the rules clearly state. There is no 'early application concession' for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Online application - date of application?

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:28 pm
You need to wait the 12 months, as the rules clearly state. There is no 'early application concession' for citizenship.
I understand that. My point is.. when is the date set? I can perform different steps in different dates.

But you mentioned it's when "you submit and pay online", so I guess that answers the question!

Thank you!

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Italy

Passport photos in the naturalisation online form

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:59 pm

Hello, I am preparing my application online (I didn't submit yet) and it seems I need to provide passport photos.

I do have a physical photograph that can be used, but it seems I will need more. At least 2 photos for the referees.

So my question is this: do I need any physical photographs or is it enough having a scanned photograph to use with the online application? Will I be required, at any moment, to send physical photos?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport photos in the naturalisation online form

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:03 pm

You need physical photos stuck into the printed out referee forms. Your referees have to each sign their respective form. Form is then scanned and uploaded after it has been signed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:03 pm
You need physical photos stuck into the printed out referee forms. Your referees have to each sign their respective form. Form is then scanned and uploaded after it has been signed.
So.. two are enough? Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:08 pm

Yes, two referees, two of your photos.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:06 pm

Thanks for the fast reply. Very helpful!