ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for ILR without the letter from my current employer?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

agiriraj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Can I apply for ILR without the letter from my current employer?

Post by agiriraj » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:42 am

Hello everyone,
I am on Tier 2 General visa and I am working in UK from past 5 years.
During the first 3 years I was with some other employer and later I got sponsorship from someone else.
Now its time for me to apply for ILR and for that I need employment letter and absence report from my current and previous employer.
Now after I booked an appointment for ILR document submission my current employer is holding those documents and demanding to sign 1 year agreement, which I do not want to do.
My first question is, can I apply for ILR without those 2 documents from my current employer?
If not what are all the options I have in front of me here to make sure the process goes smooth without any further issues?
Has anyone come across this kind of issue before and how did you manage it?
I need some good suggestions here.
Thanks,
Apoorva

bhai86
Pakistan

Re: Can I apply for ILR without the letter from my current employer?

Post by bhai86 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:58 am

Current employer letters are mandatory, you cannot get away with that. Your application will be rejected if you don't provide them!

On a side note, I am not sure if employers in UK can force you to stay even if you sign a contract and wanted to leave them later. Maybe other members can comment on this?

agiriraj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Can I apply for ILR without the letter from my current employer?

Post by agiriraj » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:04 am

Thanks for your response mate.
Here is a good news, Just now I received a letter from my employer finally after a lot of struggle.
Thanks for your quick response and advice anyways.
I truly appreciate !

Regards,
Apoorva