ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question asked to HO -- Covid-19

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Question asked to HO -- Covid-19

Post by klownking » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:24 pm

I have asked the following from HO. Waiting for reply.

Hi,

I hold a Tier 2 work visa and am working as a Software Engineer. I would be eligible for the ILR in July this year. I hope you would be able to answer the following query based on the current circumstances:

If my company or the UK decides to lockdown for 2 or 3 months or more and put everybody on SSP which is £100/week. Would we be able to apply for the ILR or should we wait for the normal circumstances? We can show our old bank statements and payslips to prove the financial requirements.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Question asked to HO -- Covid-19

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:36 am

klownking wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:24 pm
I have asked the following from HO. Waiting for reply.

Hi,

I hold a Tier 2 work visa and am working as a Software Engineer. I would be eligible for the ILR in July this year. I hope you would be able to answer the following query based on the current circumstances:

If my company or the UK decides to lockdown for 2 or 3 months or more and put everybody on SSP which is £100/week. Would we be able to apply for the ILR or should we wait for the normal circumstances? We can show our old bank statements and payslips to prove the financial requirements.

Thanks
This is difficult to answer as of now. There is an announcement topic on top of the forum. Go read that post which points you to the UKVI guide. It is not specific to ILR though but so far UKVI said that they will not push for compliance if Tier 2 migrants have long unpaid absences from work.
Also what do you mean by your company will be putting everyone on SSP !?? Most people will work as normal (from home) and only transition to SSP if you cannot work due to sickness (and only if they have no paid sick pay)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Question asked to HO -- Covid-19

Post by klownking » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:22 am

For example, if because of lockdown we would not be able to open the company and working from home means taking all the equipment to home for work. Most of our work requires hardware to test. Let's see, what is the outcome.