ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (EFM) Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jirou
Newly Registered
Nigeria

EEA (EFM) Application

Post by Jirou » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi all,

I have been trying to browse for answer to a unique issue and I’m hoping someone on here would be able to help with some information.

I’m a non-eea national unmarried partner of an EU national and I made an application for residence card. I received a letter/post from the Home Office returning my passport (without all the other supporting documents) which I didn’t ask to be returned. In the letter they stated that they are returning to me in case I need my passport as identification. I have been waiting for a decision for my application for about 4months now. Don’t know why they’ve returned just my passport. I’m a bit worried, just can’t trust the Home Office with the way they’ve been dealing with citizen from commonwealth nations. Can anybody on here help with any information on why they’ve returned just my passport without me asking for it???

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EEA (EFM) Application

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:28 pm

Hello

Even in normal times, I have seen EFM applications taking 6 months easy to get a decision. With the current crisis, it will probably take much longer. There is no issue about them returning your passport.

You can also try in parallel to apply under the EU Settlement Scheme.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:23 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:28 pm
Not if the OP does not already have a EEA-issued document as the unmarried partner of a EEA citizen. So if they don't already have a Family Permit chances are they do need to wait for their Residence Card just to be able to apply for the Settlement Scheme.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

cxl923cc
Newly Registered
China

Post by cxl923cc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:18 pm

I'm in a similar situation as you are. I just submitted application for EEA (EFM) as an unmarried partner as a EU citizen a few weeks ago and now waiting for the residence card to apply for pre-settlement.

Can I ask how long did it take for home office to return your passport since you received the certificate of application letter?

principessa
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by principessa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi Jirou,

I too am a non-eea national unmarried partner of an EU national and had submitted my application in early January only to receive passports (without request) in the mail yesterday with no other supporting documents.

I wonder if, considering the current circumstances, HO are returning passports in case of urgent travel.

I do hope we hear of more information soon, but just letting you know in the meantime that you are not alone!

TBH
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by TBH » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Hi All,

I am in a similar situation as you but slightly different. I submitted my application in November 2019 together with my partner (EEA National) who also applied for her Registration Certificate. Earlier this month on the 7th of March we received all supporting documents including my passport and her Registration Certicate but there was no cover letter or decision letter covering my application.

I have been trying to contact them to ask for an update as this has me very worried as to why they have sent all documents without a status update.

If someone has encountered something more similar can you please advise on how you managed to contact the, if you did. Or how long it took until you got your decision. Thanks. :? :? :? :?

TBH
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by TBH » Wed May 06, 2020 2:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope we are all well on here. Just a quick question, has anyone had any response/update from the HO regarding your applications?

Eversince they sent back all my supporting documents and passport without any cover letter, they haven't contacted me or responded to the emails I sent requesting for any update and this is worrying me so much.

If anyone has heard from them recently, please let me know maybe I can have a bit of hope. :?

Thank you.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed May 06, 2020 3:41 pm

kamoe wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:23 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:28 pm
Not if the OP does not already have a EEA-issued document as the unmarried partner of a EEA citizen. So if they don't already have a Family Permit chances are they do need to wait for their Residence Card just to be able to apply for the Settlement Scheme.
Thank you! I missed the unmarried :) which makes all difference indeed.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed May 06, 2020 3:42 pm

TBH wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:10 pm
Hi All,

I am in a similar situation as you but slightly different. I submitted my application in November 2019 together with my partner (EEA National) who also applied for her Registration Certificate. Earlier this month on the 7th of March we received all supporting documents including my passport and her Registration Certicate but there was no cover letter or decision letter covering my application.

I have been trying to contact them to ask for an update as this has me very worried as to why they have sent all documents without a status update.

If someone has encountered something more similar can you please advise on how you managed to contact the, if you did. Or how long it took until you got your decision. Thanks. :? :? :? :?
Open your own post. It's not considered appropriate to ask own questions on somebody's else thread. It's thread hijacking really...

TBH
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by TBH » Wed May 06, 2020 4:21 pm

Okay Zerubbabel, thanks for letting me know. I thought since I had responded to the post earlier with the same issue, would be in a position to follow update at the same time giving an update on my own case smh.

Can you advise me on how I can create my own post as I have been struggling to do so for ages now. Thanks.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed May 06, 2020 5:07 pm

This is the button to create a new topic:

It's at the top of this page:
eea-route-applications/