ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouce visa expiring - No flights- so much stress

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

silentsmile
United Kingdom

Spouce visa expiring - No flights- so much stress

Post by silentsmile » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:43 am

Good morning all experts.

I am so much on stress and need urgent help what to do and what should i don't do.

My wife and son got visa 11 march and expiry on 11april.

Now i was looking to book flight on her second of her visa but pakistan closed all in and out flights due to virus issue uptill 5 april no idea they will extend or not.

Secondly most of airlines like Emirates qatar and all other they stopped flights also uptill further notice.

Uk also lock down no idea no flights showing me to take me to pakistan i am essential working class person in country. I can't take off i habe checked with my employer.
What will happen i hve no energy left to reply visa after spending my allll savings on PRIORITY applications and im zero hardly i just look loan to bring my family back now this virus situations.

So what will be the out come should i contact to ukvi in uk or Pakistan? Whats the number or email ?
Will they issue new visa but it will takr another months and months ? Is there any online visa or quick option?
I can't wait for future more she got visa 2.5 year but its only given 28 visa sticker on her passport and my son also. Which is expiring.

If i get flight after expiry date will they allow her ? She can't even board in plane.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Spouce visa expiring - No flights- so much stress

Post by THO » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:29 am

I would not worry too much about the vignette running out, I am certain the UK govt will extend it under the current circumstances. You will not be alone in your situation, so check the HO Web site and there will probably be an announcement.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:41 am

Very little official guidance right now on how this will be handled and the UK government is unlikely to prioritise dealing with this. There are contact details for a coronavirus immigration helpline in the link below that may be able to provide some official information on this.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... rom-the-uk
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:53 pm

silentsmile wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:43 am

I am so much on stress and need urgent help what to do and what should i don't do.

Now i was looking to book flight on her second of her visa but pakistan closed all in and out flights due to virus issue uptill 5 april no idea they will extend or not.

Secondly most of airlines like Emirates qatar and all other they stopped flights also uptill further notice.

Uk also lock down no idea no flights showing me to take me to pakistan i am essential working class person in country. I can't take off i habe checked with my employer.
What will happen i hve no energy left to reply visa after spending my allll savings on PRIORITY applications and im zero hardly i just look loan to bring my family back now this virus situations.

So what will be the out come should i contact to ukvi in uk or Pakistan? Whats the number or email ?
Will they issue new visa but it will takr another months and months ? Is there any online visa or quick option?
I can't wait for future more she got visa 2.5 year but its only given 28 visa sticker on her passport and my son also. Which is expiring.

If i get flight after expiry date will they allow her ? She can't even board in plane.
The 28 day vignette is for entry into UK after which both your wife and son will go to the post office you chose during application to pick up their BRP.
It is the BRP that now carries the 2.5years validity (33months actually)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:22 pm

silentsmile wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:43 am

All applicant/visa holders in similar circumstances will more likely be benefited because all that is beyond to their control and won't count as a breach of any rule. Affected people must also realise the sufferings & difficulties facing to airline companies and several other agencies/companies who all wasn't predicting that.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sohail111
United Kingdom

Post by sohail111 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:03 am

Extension announced yesterday until end of May 2020
Currently no more info about it yet

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:24 am

sohail111 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:03 am
Extension announced yesterday until end of May 2020
Currently no more info about it yet
The extension announced is for those within the UK whose visas are expiring and unable to leave the UK, not this outside the UK as I understood the announcement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

silentsmile
United Kingdom

Post by silentsmile » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 am

Thanks a lot every one. It's so stressful i have a letter showing your visa 2.5 years for my wife and son which comes with passport from vfs office. But sticker passport says 11 april expires.
Now i contact that coronavirus helpline that George provide in above link, after one hour pure solid one hour music tune hold system connected my call some Chinese lady picked up and said it's only for Chinese ppl who are in uk and can't travel in or out, if you are British then contact other number which i called and its iut of order. What a shame they only helping ppl from china, again worries visible here that economy's connection from Chinese applicant's and they prioritize only for them.

I couldn't catch any number on gov website just general info that saying plz come back to uk asap etc but no any helpful information. I don't know how many application stuck. Some airlines which are operates imagine they are ONLY selling business class tickets 2K-3k each. I am in so much stressful after spending thousands of pounds on priority applicaiton and no help no number no emails no guidance.

I would like to say a big thanks to every one replied to my issue here.

Please remember every one and pray for every one

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:30 pm

silentsmile wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 am
Chinese lady picked up and said it's only for Chinese ppl who are in uk and can't travel in or out, if you are British then contact other number which i called and its iut of order. What a shame they only helping ppl from china, again worries visible here that economy's connection from Chinese applicant's and they prioritize only for them.
Its for everyone now in uk

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.