ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

healthcare surcharge in the case of changing the employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aminnaji
Newly Registered
Iran

healthcare surcharge in the case of changing the employer

Post by aminnaji » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:58 am

Hello everyone,

I have just applied for the tier 2 visa application for the period of 5 years and already paid for the healthcare surcharge for the next 5 years. and I got my visa. but I found a better position and I want to move to another company, change of employer.
so I am just wondering if I should pay again for the healthcare surcharge for the next 5 years, (as I said, I already paid it for the next 5 years).

I would appreciate if anyone can advise me in this issue or if anyone can share his/her experience on this circumstances.

Thanks.

msjtargaryn
Newly Registered
India

Re: healthcare surcharge in the case of changing the employer

Post by msjtargaryn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Yes, you have to pay again. For instance, in my case, I had a less than three-year visa. I changed my employer in the 2nd year of my Tier-2 (General) visa. I paid again the NHS surcharge for the third year.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: healthcare surcharge in the case of changing the employer

Post by lolo2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:57 pm

Yes, you have to pay the IHS for the whole period again. However the money you paid for the previous application will be refunded to you pro rata to the remaining time.