ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship & Dual Nationality Related Clarification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MrR
Newly Registered

British Citizenship & Dual Nationality Related Clarification

Post by MrR » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:27 pm

Hi,

I have recently obtained my British Citizenship / Passport. But my fiance is in USA and her GreenCard application is currently in progress. She wants me to relocate to USA as she expects to get her GC in a year or two maximum.

So, wondering if I leave UK, go and stay in US for few years (either via dependent visa on her GC application or applying my GreenCard along with her application when the appropriate time reaches),

1 - would I loose my British Citizenship by any chance / time?
2 - if we decide to stay in US for longer period and decide to go for US citizenship in the future, can I hold my UK citizenship as dual-nationality without surrendering it? along with US citizenship.

Please can you advise on this?

Thanks on advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship & Dual Nationality Related Clarification

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:45 pm

1. No.

2. Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrR
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship & Dual Nationality Related Clarification

Post by MrR » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Thank you so much for your swift response :) , really appreciate that!