ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Combination of different categories to 5 yrs ILR.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali313
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Combination of different categories to 5 yrs ILR.

Post by Ali313 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:44 pm

Hi , to all good evening to all Gurus on this forum.
Hope all doing well and in Good health, Stay Safe home. I need assistance regarding the combination of different immigration categories.

I have spent 3 years on Tier2 (G) visa and then Switched to Tier1 (Entrepreneur ).
If I spend 2 years on current Tier1 (entrepreneur) Visa , Would that eligible me for 5 years ILR ?
Thanks in Advance ...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Combination of different categories to 5 yrs ILR.

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:48 pm

No, it won't. It only works the other way round for combining tier 1 and tier 2, where tier 2 must be your most recent leave to remain.

For tier 1 want, you need 5 years residence and meet the requirements or 3 years tier 1 for the accelerated route.

As stated in the Immigration Rules Part 6a.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ali313
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ali313 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:27 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply CR001,
I have a counter question ,
Why is it like this ... if I switched from Tier1 to Tier2 I can count the time for ILR 5 yrs . But if I switched to Tier 1 from Tier 2 why not count then ? As both categories if spent 5 Years On it separately applicant can be eligible to apply for ILR .

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:50 pm

Ali313 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:27 pm
Why is it like this
That is going down a rabbit hole. Why is the sky blue? Why is the world the way it is?

Our opinions as to how similar the situations are is irrelevant. You are looking for an internal logic that does not exist. The Immigration Rules have been added to, amended and updated by different governments over time and there is no internal logic to them (I think that was mentioned in a court judgement, but I don't recall which one).

The Immigration Rules for Tier 1 and Tier 2 provide for different requirements for ILR. In the requirements for Tier 2(G), you are allowed to include years under certain visas, in Tier 1(E), there is no such provision.

See Immigration Rule 245DF for the requirements for ILR for Tier 1(E) applicants and Rule 245HF for the ILR requirements for Tier 2(G) applicants. In particular look at 245HF(b), which has no counterpart in 245DF.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Ali313
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ali313 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:27 pm

Thanks for the detail clarification.