ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous employer closed, what should I do now?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kktooz
Newly Registered

Previous employer closed, what should I do now?

Post by kktooz » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:03 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 from US. Below is my scenario, can some body advice please.

Currently I am working in US on H1 for close to 2 years. I am with my current employer for 3.5 yrs from Mar 2005(US - 2 Yrs & India - 1.5 yrs). However, my previous employer(the place I worked before Mar 2005) has closed down . Now my question is, how will this affect my employment verifcation , becuase the company is closed down, its no more a verifiable employment. What can I do about this?

Thanks

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:04 am

It is not clear to me why you consider that your previous employer, who you worked for more than three years ago, is relevant to your Tier 1 application.

If you wish to prove your past earning, it is only your current employer, who you have worked for for nearly 2 years, that is relevant. As I understand it, they are in a position to verify that you worked for them.

If you wish to prove your qualifications and experience, verification from previous employers is, as I understand it, not terribly important.

kktooz
Newly Registered

Post by kktooz » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:24 am

Thanks for the clarification.