ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Validity of student visa if drop out from the course in between.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MG2020
Newly Registered
India

Validity of student visa if drop out from the course in between.

Post by MG2020 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:26 pm

Hello, I have student visa valid till Feb 2021 but because of personal reasons I left the course after first term and came back to my home country. I am not a registered student in the Ireland anymore but holds IRP card which is valid till feb 2021.

Can you please advice if I can enter Ireland for a visit before my visa validity expires without getting a new visa.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Validity of student visa if drop out from the course in between.

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:54 pm

The vast majority of IRP cards will now be scanned on the BMU’s system when you enter Ireland. When they see that you have been out of the country for an extended period, you will be refused entry and be sent back immediately.

You might get lucky as not all IO’s will be bothered to scan your IRP cards, but most of them will. Getting a refusal stamp on your passport will render all of your future travels and visa applications much more complex.

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:45 am

MG2020 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:26 pm
Hello, I have student visa valid till Feb 2021 but because of personal reasons I left the course after first term and came back to my home country. I am not a registered student in the Ireland anymore but holds IRP card which is valid till feb 2021.

Can you please advice if I can enter Ireland for a visit before my visa validity expires without getting a new visa.
Best to apply for visit visa as no longer student

MG2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by MG2020 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:39 pm

Thanks for the valuable information.