ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Simplebuthonest
Mood:
United Kingdom

March Naturalisation Application

Post by Simplebuthonest » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:16 pm

Hello

Haven't seen any updates on the March timeline for the Naturalisation applications so far!

I understand, things are taking longer due to Covid-19 but do we know if they are working at all on these or not?

Be safe out there! Stay Home - Protect the NHS - Save Lives

Thanks
SimpleButHonest

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: March Naturalisation Application

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:20 pm

There are delays. Citizenship applications are not priority for home office at the moment.

This whose visas have expired or are soon to expire and can't travel due to travel restrictions worldwide are priority, as are getting British citizens stuck abroad back to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mecheng46
Newly Registered

Post by mecheng46 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Is Home Office still processing Naturalisation applications (EU route) of did they stop processing them completely?

I applied on 13th March and attended the UKVCAS appointment on 19th March for my BRP. Absolutely no correspondence since then.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:23 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:20 pm
There are delays. Citizenship applications are not priority for home office at the moment.

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mecheng46
Newly Registered

Post by mecheng46 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:50 pm

Have the completely stopped citizenship applications and this is still the case?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:03 pm

mecheng46 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:50 pm
Have the completely stopped citizenship applications and this is still the case?
There are DELAYS!! Nothing has stopped, merely delayed as already stated!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.