ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa, 90 days out of country rule

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vickzz
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse visa, 90 days out of country rule

Post by Vickzz » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:23 am

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know about 90 days out of country rule on spouse visa.
I am british national and my spouse travelled to Pakistan on 7th of January and was due to return back on 25th march but due to current global crisis all flights in Pakistan got cancelled and she is still stuck in Pakistan with our baby girl due to no flight operations. Her visa is expiring next year so no issues about expiry but I have heard that there is a rule that on spouse visa you can't spend more than 90 days outside UK in an year. She has clearly spent 90 days already, would there be a problem for her or any exceptions due to covid 19 crisis when she returns?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa, 90 days out of country rule

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:26 am

There is NO absence limit rule for spouse visa holders!!

You "heard" wrong!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vickzz
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vickzz » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:48 pm

Orite , thanks for info.
Is there any absence limit outside UK when she applies for her PR next year ?
She will complete her 5 year on spouse visa next year November. Would they count any absence then ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:53 pm

Is there any absence limit outside UK when she applies for her PR next year ?
No.

However, note that 2 years evidence of cohabitation in the UK in both names is mandatory evidence that must be submitted.

Also note that "PR" is a route under the EU rules/regulations with different rules and requirements. A spouse visa holder applies for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vickzz
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vickzz » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:58 pm

Ok, thanks for correction and the right information.
Yes we have all the proofs under our names so hopefully it won't be a problem.
Thanks again. Appreciate your help and guidance.

Aladino
United Kingdom

Post by Aladino » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:08 pm

Hello I'm in the same situation and I really wanna some help .. I have spent nearly a year outside the uk and I want to know if I still have the right to come back .. so do you think they will question me in the airport or deport me .. type of visa spouse visa

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:18 pm

Aladino wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:08 pm
Hello I'm in the same situation and I really wanna some help .. I have spent nearly a year outside the uk and I want to know if I still have the right to come back .. so do you think they will question me in the airport or deport me .. type of visa spouse visa
Please continue in your own thread. Your situation has no relevance to the other member's topic you have tagged your question onto.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-due-to-d ... l#p1849562
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aladino
United Kingdom

Post by Aladino » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:33 pm

I'm sorry I didn't mean that I'm just looking for an answer and I didn't get it in my thread if you can help @casa