ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent to main applicant | while being in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shirsenduc
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependent to main applicant | while being in UK

Post by shirsenduc » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:58 am

Hello Team,
I am an Indian national currently in UK and working for a IT firm with Tier 2 general dependent visa. My wife (main applicant) is also working in an IT firm and we have a 4 year old kid. Due to some personal ground, my wife wants to take a break from her career and wants to spend some time with our kid.

Now, given the coronavirus epidemic, are we allowed to switch visa while being in UK

1. Gov.UK says, till 31st may, there is a possibility to switch to any visa (probably) where generally it needs to be applied from the home country. Could someone please confirm if the same is valid for our case?

2. We have entered in UK in last Nov. Do we still need to do TB test & other medical checks?

3. As I am already employed in a permanent role, do my current employer need to go for labour market test again?

4. Can both of us i.e me changing from dependent to main applicant and my wife i.e. from main applicant to dependent -- this entire process can be completed from UK and what level of help is needed from my wife's employer? Do we need to notify them for visa switching?

KInd Regards
Shir

professor_nairobi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependent to main applicant | while being in UK

Post by professor_nairobi » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:46 am

I m on the same boat..
What's your current visa expiry date? if it is not expiring by May 31st, then you can not do it in in UK itself.
Wait for Home office, they may provide an option to do by next month.

What's your SOC code in COS? if it falls under Shortage occupation then employer doesn't need to do RLMT.

I don't think your wife's employer needs to do anything. Once your wife's visa approved then her employer can notify home office to revoke her COS.