ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Furlough salary to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lycheelondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Furlough salary to ILR

Post by lycheelondon » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi Team,

I am tier 2 general visa holder due to applying ILR on 1st Nov. 2020. Will salary reduction impact my application to ILR which requires minimum salary at £35,800?. My current salary is at £45,000. Employer is planning to put me on Furlough job retention scheme starting in May, meaning my salary to reduce to £2500 a month, by Nov my annual salary will be £37,500 if I am continuously on Furlough program not returning to my original salary. WIll the home office concludes my salary annual pay as £30,000 that base on monthly £2,500 salary payment which I will not meet the requirement or they will see my salary as a year previously I get paid as £37,500 that I'll still meet the requirement?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Furlough salary to ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:03 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Furlough salary to ILR

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:13 pm

Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for Tier 2, 4 and 5 sponsors
If you cannot pay the salaries of sponsored employees because you’ve temporarily reduced or ceased trading
You can temporarily reduce the pay of your sponsored employees to 80% of their salary or £2,500 per month, whichever is the lower.

Any reductions must be part of a company-wide policy to avoid redundancies and in which all workers are treated the same.

These reductions must be temporary, and the employee’s pay must return to at least previous levels once these arrangements have ended.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... 5-sponsors
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.