ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COVID - CoS expiry and Tier2 General application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arunapriya
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

COVID - CoS expiry and Tier2 General application

Post by Arunapriya » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi,

I currently stay in UK as a Tier2 dependent. I have been issued RCoS on 11-March and I couldn't travel to my home country for Tier 2 - General visa application due to COVID restrictions.

I understand we can apply from UK now.

I tried to apply online through the following link, https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... -selection

It's not allowing me to select 'apply from UK' option. We need to select 'apply from home country' ( India in my case )??

Have someone been in my situation and have made application??

Thanks

professor_nairobi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: COVID - CoS expiry and Tier2 General application

Post by professor_nairobi » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:41 am

I am on the same boat. What's your current visa expiry date?

professor_nairobi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by professor_nairobi » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:10 pm

You can switch in UK itself only if your current visa expires by 31st May, 2020.

viv197
Newly Registered
France

Post by viv197 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Can you guys advise how you proceeded with your application? Did you select India even if you were in the UK so that you could proceed to the next step of the application? Did you add a cover letter in your application to explain the situation?

professor_nairobi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by professor_nairobi » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:05 pm

I haven't processed it yet. Still waiting for the home office if they allow us to process in the UK itself instead of going back to India (travelling may not happen for a month or two).

I got this email from the Home office a month ago,
Thank you for contacting the Home Office Coronavirus Immigration Team to enquire about switching from your current immigration route due to issues related to COVID-19.

No individual of any nationality whose leave has expired or is due to expire between 24 January 2020 and 31 May 2020, and who cannot leave because of travel restrictions related to COVID-19, will be regarded as an overstayer or suffer any detriment in the future.

Where you would normally be required to return to your country of residence to apply for a visa in a different category, you’ll now be able to apply from the UK to switch.

This will only apply if your leave has expired or will expire on or after 24 January 2020 to 31 May 2020; including those individuals who have already had their leave extended to 31 March 2020.