ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLY EU1 OR NOT ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

murilloinf
Newly Registered

APPLY EU1 OR NOT ?

Post by murilloinf » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:08 am

First, sorry for the new topic, I've tried to figure out my doubts before.

My wife and I are trying to find out if we should wait the 3 months or not for send the EU1 application.
We arrived in Dublin last saturday but we've lived here last year also, now that we are married I got 3 months of stamp 3 visa and they just told us to send it straight away...

I am really lost, and also I do not know if I could join a part time course at any college.. because at stamp 3 description says not allowed to study full time, what about part time ?

Thanks for your time.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:31 am

Hi there,

in my opinion you should apply immediately, as the refusal "before 3-months" by GNIB/DoJ/INIS is ILLEGAL!

This is discussed here, and I filed a complaint with the Commission about this.

As you receive the refusal, immediately write to both Solvit (solvit@entemp.ie) as well as the European Commission (sg-plaintes@ec.europa.eu).

While you wait for EU1 to be processed, complain to both mentioned offices again about the fact that you are on Stamp3 and not Stamp4, explaining that this deprives you from your right to work.

Stamp3 while you wait for EU1 is ILLEGAL. I am writing my opinion about this here.

Good luck.

swann
Newly Registered

Post by swann » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:55 pm

this is exactly what happened to me.
arrived here 10july, got stamp 3 valid for 3 months. applied for EU1 after 1 month, and got refused.

i am writing my complaint this week too.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:03 pm

swann wrote:this is exactly what happened to me.
arrived here 10july, got stamp 3 valid for 3 months. applied for EU1 after 1 month, and got refused.

i am writing my complaint this week too.
please read this post, where I describe in great detail how it may be possible to get compensation for sitting on stamp3 while waiting for EU1/4EUFam approval :!:

Given the magnitude this may have should I be right, I don't understand why there are no comments about this at all :?: