ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalisation during COVID19 pendamic

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alisattar09
Pakistan

Applying for Naturalisation during COVID19 pendamic

Post by alisattar09 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:11 am

Hi I would really appreciate if some of the senior members reply to my quick queries:

I have got ILR through TIER2 general route on 15 Nov 2018 and my 1 year has already completed on ILR i.e. on 15th November 2019. However, due to my laziness, I didn't apply for naturalization as I was planning to do it in March 2020. I have 3 questions:

1) I want to apply now is it possible to apply during this time? Is HO taking biometrics?

2) I have some plans to travel back to my home country Pakistan in June/July and will stay there for 4-6 months. So I thought if I could apply now and able to submit my application with biometrics I can travel in June/July? will I be able to get my passport and BRP back when the application is made so I can travel?

3) also how long I can stay in my home country after the application is made before returning back to attend the ceremony? Is there any requirement that I have to come back?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for Naturalisation during COVID19 pendamic

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:01 am

1. No, biometric centres are currently closed. It is also not "HO" who take biometrics. It is done by third party agency UKCVAS sopra steria.

2. NO original documents are submitted. Everything is scanned and uploaded digitally. You should be mindful of being out of the UK for so long as ho can write and ask for original documents etc at any time. You also have a limited time to book and attend a ceremony once you receive approval, which comes by post and not by email.

3. You have to attend the ceremony in the UK. You have 21 days from approval letter to book the ceremony and must attend it within 90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Tue May 05, 2020 9:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:01 am
1. No, biometric centres are currently closed. It is also not "HO" who take biometrics. It is done by third party agency UKCVAS sopra steria.
Can we submit the online application now and submit the biometrics when the UKVCAS centres open? Or the online applications are also not being accepted currently?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:08 am

passat wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:21 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:01 am
Can we submit the online application now and submit the biometrics when the UKVCAS centres open? Or the online applications are also not being accepted currently?
You can apply online. You should also please ask your questions in your own topic you already have!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.