ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Visa / Route do I require?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Garf66
Newly Registered
Thailand

Which Visa / Route do I require?

Post by Garf66 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:51 pm

Hi Everyone, apologies but I do not know which tier of visa I should be looking at. My wife is a Thai national, currently residing in the UK on a spouse visa which has been extended for a second period of 2½ years. We had originally planned to then take the life in the UK exam but she is struggling with the reading of English still so I had been wondering what would happen if she failed the exam?

However things changed somewhat with the birth of our daughter in January in England. My daughter will be getting a British passport so I wondered if my wife would now be able to qualify for a more permanent stay / different visa as the mother of a UK citizen?

Thank you for reading this query.
Gary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Which Visa / Route do I require?

Post by CR001 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi Everyone, apologies but I do not know which tier of visa I should be looking at. My wife is a Thai national, currently residing in the UK on a spouse visa which has been extended for a second period of 2½ years. We had originally planned to then take the life in the UK exam but she is struggling with the reading of English still so I had been wondering what would happen if she failed the exam?
She would apply to extend her visa for another 2.5 years on form FLR(M) and meet all the same requirements as before.
However things changed somewhat with the birth of our daughter in January in England. My daughter will be getting a British passport so I wondered if my wife would now be able to qualify for a more permanent stay / different visa as the mother of a UK citizen?
No, there is no route to apply for permanent residence because you have a British child. It is the FLR(FP) route which would reset her clock to zero and a new 5 or 10 year route to permanent residency.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.