ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cagatay
Newly Registered

urgent

Post by cagatay » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:48 pm

I am quite confused about this naric issues.
Is it compulsory to add the validation letter from naric to the application??
Does n e 1 know about turkish universities assesment procedure .for example if i ve a bachelor at eng. what does it equal 2??
plz help meee! :oops: :?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:56 pm

It is not compulsory to add a NARIC verification letter - however it is advisable to ensure that your foreign/ overseas qualification is considered equivalent to at least a UK Bachelors degree to ensure you get the minimum 15 points required in this section. Alternatively it may be that your qualifications are deemed comparable to a UK MSc or PhD giving you additional points - in all cases the HSMP Team will verify with NARIC these details so you doing it saves them having to do it which presumably saves some processing time. A check with NARIC is advisable where the education system in your country is not based on the UK system or is deemed rightly or wrongly to be 'substandard' to the UK system.

I personally do not know how Turkish degrees equate to UK degrees - either go to NARIC for a definitive answer which requires payment of a fee or if you want an initial free view point contact the British Council in Istanbul who should have some idea.