ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 (FM) Pandemic Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ArthurOssit
Newly Registered
Estonia

EEA2 (FM) Pandemic Application

Post by ArthurOssit » Tue May 12, 2020 1:43 pm

Hello from Scotland!

My Name is Artur, i am Estonian with Russian wife staying in Scotland and looking for help.

She has EEA Family Permit at the moment, that expires in a months time.
We have filled Application forms and collected all documents required for EEA (FM) Resident Card.
Worried of sending them away, as on HO website they say that they don't process paper applications at the moment.
But the problem we have is,
VisaCentre is closed due to COVID, so we couldn't do Bio metrics for PreSettled status , unsure about post offices. don't think they work eather.
So we decided to Apply for EEA(FM) as at list all documentation will be handed in and processing.

Also worried of visa expiring before reciving Residential card.

All i can ask for. please Help and Advice !

Thank you,
Artur

hbond17
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: EEA2 (FM) Pandemic Application

Post by hbond17 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi Artur,

I can understand this must be a difficult situation for your family.

Given that your wife already has a valid EEA Family Permit, I think she is eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme already. I suggest trying to apply for this online (https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... 751e91691b).

I would be careful with mailing your important documents/ID's right now as there may be long waits until they are seen/processed by HO given the covid situation and their reduced working capacity. I must admit that I just mailed my ID's to them in an application, but I still have 6 months on my visa, and I would be nervous to do this if I only had 1 month left.

Post offices are still open (reduced hours) and I have not seen anywhere that they are not still conducting Biometrics enrollment. I suggest finding and contacting your local post office to find out: https://www.postoffice.co.uk/identity/f ... nce-permit

I also suggest calling the home office to ask them - their phone numbers are open now and I have heard others were successful in quickly getting through to talk to someone.
Telephone: 0300 123 7379 Monday to Sunday (excluding bank holidays), 10am to 4pm

Best of luck!

ArthurOssit
Newly Registered
Estonia

Re: EEA2 (FM) Pandemic Application

Post by ArthurOssit » Wed May 13, 2020 6:27 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Website for Settlement in UK states
If you are not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, use your biometric residence card.
My wife only has EEA Family Permit Visa looking like sticker in her passport.

so i am unsure...

i think the only way is to find out from HO. i will try and call them tomorrow, and leave my comment here.

Thanks.
Artur